Stripper clips

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
NDguy

Stripper clips

Post by NDguy »

I'm needing to get me some but the gun show doesn't come for another month and a half and I was wondering where's a good place to buy em online and what should I look for to get decent clips and not some POS clips.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Stripper clips

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Liberty tree collectors has both original Soviet and Finnish clips for sale. Stick with originals, most of the after market clips don't work worth a damn being made slightly out of spec.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
NDguy

Post by NDguy »

thanks for the link but they are all sold out
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Call and ask them, they might have some Finnish ones. You could try eBay or Gunbroker, a lot of guys bought the Soviet 40's ammo on the clip a few months ago and they are selling their surplus clips as they shoot the ammo.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rups63

Post by Rups63 »

I bought 10 original clips from a seller on eBay (can't remember who) for $17 shipped, I believe. They all work well.

Edit: They are still for sale - http://www.ebay.com/itm/261177767631?ss ... 1439.l2649

They have increased in price, now up to $22 for 10.
VKT1941

Post by VKT1941 »

If your in North Carolina ill give you a good deal on soviet stripper clips.
finloq

Post by finloq »

Soviet and Finnish clips are ok, but American clips are where it's at.

"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

NDguy wrote:I'm needing to get me some but the gun show doesn't come for another month and a half and I was wondering where's a good place to buy em online and what should I look for to get decent clips and not some POS clips.
I'll have to advise how the Chicom stainless ones function, as I've got them on hand, but haven't tried them out.

This weekend after the rain stops I'll be punching bores and oiling down the sisters.

Maybe not as many as JYD has, but enough to burn up some daylight hours...
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

What? Some kind of kinky oil-thing with the sisters?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Joeinthehills wrote:
NDguy wrote:I'm needing to get me some but the gun show doesn't come for another month and a half and I was wondering where's a good place to buy em online and what should I look for to get decent clips and not some POS clips.
I'll have to advise how the Chicom stainless ones function, as I've got them on hand, but haven't tried them out.

This weekend after the rain stops I'll be punching bores and oiling down the sisters.

Maybe not as many as JYD has, but enough to burn up some daylight hours...
I don't have any sisters.
Theodore Roosevelt