New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Lotema

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Lotema »

Will do Longcolt. Looking forward to getting any extra info about those stamps.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
chipperson

Post by chipperson »

Well, this is technically my second post, but I did rush right over here after my first one. So, here I am.
I own a Mosin or two or three. I love them. And I love this site. Glad to be here.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

chipperson wrote:Well, this is technically my second post, but I did rush right over here after my first one. So, here I am.
I own a Mosin or two or three. I love them. And I love this site. Glad to be here.
OK :lol: Welcome to the board again :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Lotema wrote:Will do Longcolt. Looking forward to getting any extra info about those stamps.
Your wife should be fine with you collecting more, she started it after all :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Lotema wrote:Will do Longcolt. Looking forward to getting any extra info about those stamps.
Your wife should be fine with you collecting more, she started it after all :)
That's what I keep telling her ;)
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Rat_bastard

Post by Rat_bastard »

Hello, everyone! I'm Wade, aka Rat_bastard since I'm descended from the legendary buffalo hunter Rat Bastardson. Or not... Anyways, I feel very fortunate to be a new Mosin Nagant owner and I'm excited about learning more about these fascinating firearms. They're history that you can shoot! That's fantastic. Thank you for having me on the forum.
Kindest regards,
Wade
Blairsville, Ga
JMac9204

Post by JMac9204 »

Hello everyone. Just got my first Mosin. Now i want my second.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

JMac9204 wrote:Hello everyone. Just got my first Mosin. Now i want my second.
So I just saw, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Rat_bastard wrote:Hello, everyone! I'm Wade, aka Rat_bastard since I'm descended from the legendary buffalo hunter Rat Bastardson. Or not... Anyways, I feel very fortunate to be a new Mosin Nagant owner and I'm excited about learning more about these fascinating firearms. They're history that you can shoot! That's fantastic. Thank you for having me on the forum.
Kindest regards,
Wade
Blairsville, Ga
Welcome to the board Wade, they are a blast to shoot...literally :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
OhSoLucky

Post by OhSoLucky »

Hi all I,m Jesse or lucky. always loved gun just finally can afford to buy them lol. just picked up my first Mosin, Her name is "Milla". From what i understand she is a Russian M91/30 Izhevsk made in 1939. All parts matching except bayonette.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

OhSoLucky wrote:Hi all I,m Jesse or lucky. always loved gun just finally can afford to buy them lol. just picked up my first Mosin, Her name is "Milla". From what i understand she is a Russian M91/30 Izhevsk made in 1939. All parts matching except bayonette.
Welcome to the board Jesse, Looks like you have one of the more recent Molot imports there, we have been investigating these of late, the stock color and the very dark bluing are clues :) Molot is the newest player on the Mosin milsurp market and we are still learning about them. You will have a lot of fun with that rifle :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
OhSoLucky

Post by OhSoLucky »

mine is a Century arms import... from what i've found unless there has been another price jump i paid a lil too much but am still happy...179.99 before tax
CoastieMK3

Post by CoastieMK3 »

Hi the name is Tom, just found out that i inherited a Mosin. Hoping to get my questions answered.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

CoastieMK3 wrote:Hi the name is Tom, just found out that i inherited a Mosin. Hoping to get my questions answered.
Welcome to the board Tom, sorry for your loss, if you have any questions we will try and help you figure out what you have inherited.
Theodore Roosevelt
tommyfeds

Post by tommyfeds »

Hello all,

New guy here from NJ. I only have one 91/30 but I think I want another. I dont know why I want another........I just do, I cant explain it. Especially since my should hurts. Im assuming none of you will help talk me out of buying another. Please dont tell my wife Im here.

:lol:

-Tom
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tommyfeds wrote:Hello all,

New guy here from NJ. I only have one 91/30 but I think I want another. I dont know why I want another........I just do, I cant explain it. Especially since my should hurts. Im assuming none of you will help talk me out of buying another. Please dont tell my wife Im here.

:lol:

-Tom
Welcome to the board Tom, don't worry, we know how to keep a secret :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
princejoseph

Post by princejoseph »

:pointup: HI & HELP... I Need advice.. 1940 or a 1942 Mosin Nagant ??? Thank u for any Help...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

princejoseph wrote::pointup: HI & HELP... I Need advice.. 1940 or a 1942 Mosin Nagant ??? Thank u for any Help...
Welcome to the board, I always go for the older one when there are two identical rifles to pick from. DDR stamps? MO stamps? SA stamp on it? Bore condition? Refurbished or original?
Theodore Roosevelt
edrw

Post by edrw »

My name is Ed and I live in Dallas, TX. I have 2 Mosin Nagant 91/30s that have the laminated stock and I bought them a few years ago when the price was $85.00. I bought them from classicfirearms.com. I reload ammo for them and hope to learn from others what loads they use.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good morning Ed, welcome to the board, check out the reloading forum on the board, there are some formulas in the old threads in there :)
Theodore Roosevelt