M-44 day at the range

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Chumlee Bumsnag

M-44 day at the range

Post by Chumlee Bumsnag »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the chance to take the M-44 carbines to the range today. I took a 1944 Izhevsk and a 1953 Polish M-44. I started with The Russian and had to make a few adjustments. It started out low and right which was a surprise compared to the opposite with the 91/30's. The Polish was low and to the right at 50 and 100. I decided to leave the Pole alone and corrected for elevation with the rear sight. The first 4 shots with the Pole at 100 were amazing. Not sure where the fifth one went. The 200 yard target is only the Polish M-44. I fired 20 rounds at it. Considering that my foresight blocks the entire width of the target at 200, I'm pretty happy that it's on the paper. I need more time with the Russian at 200 yards.
I'll try and keep the pics small.
m-44 groups 003.jpg
m-44 groups 002.jpg
m-44 groups 001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: M-44 day at the range

Post by millman »

8-) 8-) :vcool:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice shooting Chumlee. I thought you guys upo there could shoot at real moose instead of pictures of them. 8-) 8-)
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Those are nice looking M44's . Good shooting too. :D :D
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Yeah, those M44s look brand spanking new. Nice rifles and good shootin'.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Chumlee Bumsnag

desdem12 wrote:Nice shooting Chumlee. I thought you guys upo there could shoot at real moose instead of pictures of them. 8-) 8-)
Nah, I'm near Vancouver and have to go to a range. I have to admit it was fun answering questions about what was throwing fireballs downrange in broad daylight. I'm a trucker and dodge more moose on a single trip up north than most people see in their life. I should add a "guide/trucking" option to my business.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

That's awesome...nice shooting! The rifles look amazing too. Sounds like you had a fun day :)
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

That's pretty funny Chumlee. :lol: You should take a M44 with you and just say the truck hit it. My uncle lives in Surry about 125th or so. In the heart of east indian town. :D :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Chumlee Bumsnag

I'm in Eastern Wash. quite often. I'll PM you next time I'm down. I'll buy you a coffee. I just about got sent from Seattle to Yakima yesterday. They were predicting up to 2 feet of snow on Snoqualmie pass last night. I was glad that plan fell apart.
Drago

Post by Drago »

Chumlee, if you ever go a bit further south, through Chehalis, give me a ring and we can shoot at my range. Where are you at in E. WA, Des?
entropy

Post by entropy »

I found my Polish M-44 to be accurate at distance, too. Good shooting, Chumlee! :)
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I'm in Kennewick. When i get done movin i will be right off the freeway I 82. Stop by anytime Chumlee and Drago. :biggrin:
Drago

Post by Drago »

Des, spent a few summer's at the boat races. Good times in the Tri-cities back then. My grandparents lived in Hermiston. Haven't been over in 25 years. Now, I have a good reason to visit!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Hermiston is a whole nother place than 25 years ago, you probly wouldn't recognize it. The Tri cities have grown a lot too. I like it here waaaay more then yakima. Don't even like visiting there. :D
Chumlee Bumsnag

I usually stop near 82 and 12 and make sure my ducks are all in a row before I cross the scale in Umatilla. Those Oregon DOT boys love us. In a bad way. I'll Pm you if I get a trip that way.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Alrighty then CB :D
sclinesr

Post by sclinesr »

Beautiful rifles.
"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington
Hobe Sound Falcon

Post by Hobe Sound Falcon »

My first M-44 was a 1955 Polish. However I had the ugly light colored Blonde Stock, be happy yours is Dark.
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Nice shooting! :vcool:
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Nothing beats a day at the range. 8-) 8-) 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"