Shot for the frist time

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zedteamk2

Shot for the frist time

Post by zedteamk2 »

Well ,everything came together and i got to take the Mosin out.
It was lots of fun, i was surprised at how easy it was to manage and aim.
I had no problems.

I shot some mil surp ammo, then rinsed out with some water. After that i ran a few patches of Hoppes cleaner and then some oil... thats enough right?

Thanks !
Synack

Re: Shot for the frist time

Post by Synack »

:thumbsup:

As for the cleaning, I'm sure everyone will have their own way. That sounds good to me though. (Water or Windex, something to dissolve the salts.)

(After drying the bore I'd personally run a brass brush dipped in Hoppes solvent through, dry patch and then oil patch. Not saying my way is the definitive way, just how I learned when I was a kid.)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

So long as you wash out the salts, and oil the bore when you are done you are fine.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
srv1
ban
ban

Post by srv1 »

I would take apart the bolt to get at the firing pin as well. All I do is use Hoppe's with a bore snake and some ballistol through the bore.

James
Celt

Post by Celt »

Sound good to me, don't forget the bolt head.
:D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

How did you like shooting it?