No-date barrel shank

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: No-date barrel shank

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

racerguy00 wrote:Zhuk, if you ever make it to my part of the world you would love it. There are two full-auto class 3 dealers nearby, one rents out his full auto sub-guns on the indoor range. The other shop owner has a huge personal collection. He let an Australian visitor take a turn on his 1919 Browning and BREN for FREE. There was an Australian race car driver running one of the local series a while ago. An avid gun guy, he loved it in my area.
Free ammo also, or you pay for that part ?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

The Browning and BREN was a special occasion so totally free. The other place charges for the ammo.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

At todays ammo prices a full auto weapon can eat up a big bill very fast.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TheSovietSamurai

Post by TheSovietSamurai »

My old man was able to spend some time with various pieces of beautiful weaponry during his trip to the states last year. Needless to say I was a little jealous :P

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

racerguy00 wrote:Zhuk, if you ever make it to my part of the world you would love it. There are two full-auto class 3 dealers nearby, one rents out his full auto sub-guns on the indoor range. The other shop owner has a huge personal collection. He let an Australian visitor take a turn on his 1919 Browning and BREN for FREE. There was an Australian race car driver running one of the local series a while ago. An avid gun guy, he loved it in my area.

racerguy, that's an awesome offer and much appreciated. "Huge collection" huh?! :Drool1:

I'm not surprised aussies would jump on that like a half-price hooker lol Anecdotally, I've read that those public ranges like the Gun Store in Las Vegas etc are often swamped with Australians, Brits, Japanese (who in particular may own no firearms at all, but instead have airsoft) and others from less gun-friendly countries.

Not hard to see why!

While I was competing in NZ last Feb, I had a chance to take photos of an M2 they had mounted on a jeep, with a couple of Brens to keep it company. Mind those drooling onlookers lol

zhuk

Post by zhuk »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Even the most restrictive states in the US still have gun laws your government would consider ridiculously loose however much we may complain about them.

Confidentially, I have to tell you we often ROFL at the whinging you sometimes read online coming from those from California, who think they are so hard done by :lol:

(no offence to anyone here from California :P )
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Careful. The owner of the Forum is from Ca. and he has a bazooka. demilled but he does have one. :wink:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

zhuk wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Even the most restrictive states in the US still have gun laws your government would consider ridiculously loose however much we may complain about them.

Confidentially, I have to tell you we often ROFL at the whinging you sometimes read online coming from those from California, who think they are so hard done by :lol:

(no offence to anyone here from California :P )
Oh yea, I have heard some of that :)
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Oh man, now you are torturing him :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

millman wrote:Zhuk, check out these links. This place is about 30 minutes from my house.
http://www.knobcreekrange.com/
http://www.knobcreekgunsales.com/events ... -gun-shoot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaRUxmw35lI
Heck M, You, your friends and I have thrown enough lead on your farm to sink the pond about a foot. I think we had 28 different firearms on this shoot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Buy as many guns as you can...? :shock: :biggrin: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

That was big fun. Except for the heat, and ticks.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Heat bad, ticks worse, I hate both.
Theodore Roosevelt
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

Longcolt44 wrote:Careful. The owner of the Forum is from Ca. and he has a bazooka. demilled but he does have one. :wink:

Uh.... :shock:

/steps back slowly away from the computer lol
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Oh man, now you are torturing him :lol:

Sadly, I have already self-tortured with those previously :b sad:

But thanks for reminding me. Bastards! :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:chuckles: :chuckles: Don't all of us who live in states were machine guns are forbidden
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

No comment. I mean yes, forbidden :wink:
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

I have some NFA, SBR's and suppressors but no full auto/select fire guns, Yet.

Local gun shop had a real Tommy gun. Only $25K.
Kollaa kestää