Lithgow SMLE No1 Mk3 1942/43

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
TheSovietSamurai

Lithgow SMLE No1 Mk3 1942/43

Post by TheSovietSamurai »

Howdy folks, thought it might be about time I showed off my Lithgow I've had for quite some time now, the rifle is all matching, including the stock. Parts were manufactured in 1942 but the rifle was assembled in 43'. I've put about 50 rounds through here so far, shoots like a charm, unfortunately I didn't get the chance to record the results as it was an ANZAC day competition.

They're not the best, but here are some pics, I have to make do with an el cheapo camera for now :|

Ironnewt

Re: Lithgow SMLE No1 Mk3 1942/43

Post by Ironnewt »

Man, that is a beaut! :thumbsup: , I have always liked that "Bullnosed" look of the No1's. I eventually plan to add one to my collection. Now to find one as nice as yours!
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

zhuk

Post by zhuk »

Really nice No1 mate :)

I've got a Longbranch No.4, and a 1916 purpose-built SMLE trainer. Have you got a M1907 bayonet to go with it, Samurai? Looks the goods alright :thumbsup:

TheSovietSamurai

zhuk wrote:Really nice No1 mate :)

I've got a Longbranch No.4, and a 1916 purpose-built SMLE trainer. Have you got a M1907 bayonet to go with it, Samurai? Looks the goods alright :thumbsup:

Holy smokes, that rifle sure is a beauty :o I've only just started acquiring SMLE's myself (Got another from 1918/1944 and one on the way from 1945), but unfortunately I haven't got a bayonet to go with either of those that I have right now :cry: But I will soon :D
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

TheSovietSamurai wrote:
Holy smokes, that rifle sure is a beauty :o I've only just started acquiring SMLE's myself (Got another from 1918/1944 and one on the way from 1945), but unfortunately I haven't got a bayonet to go with either of those that I have right now :cry: But I will soon :D

Yeah have to say it helps that I live within walking distance of Lawrance Ordnance lol

Have 10 so far

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Wow ...And just wow those rifles are very nice. :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice Lithgow, I am familiar with these rifles, top quality build :) Nice bayonet lineup also.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Celt

Post by Celt »

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Very nice! :vcool:
TheSovietSamurai

zhuk wrote:
TheSovietSamurai wrote:

Yeah have to say it helps that I live within walking distance of Lawrance Ordnance lol

Have 10 so far

Darn, you lucky bugger! :D
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

And just as well I don't live in South Australia, right?

Bayonets are 'Prohibited Weapons' down there now, so I believe :roll:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That sucks, some of them make pretty good utility knifes.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt