just a little advice

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

just a little advice

Post by Jumperwire »

Not to step on any ones toes or anything, but if you right click your pictures and click "resize pictures" and just play around with that,
1) Your pictures will load up quicker for you
2) Your pictures will load up quicker for me
You can do this when your loading them as well and then just pick the pic with (medium) for example. :ugeek:
Just sayin' :biggrin:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: just a little advice

Post by Rongo »

I'll have to try that.

I always just use Photoshop. :wink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yea, I use photoshop as well, it's easier, and I have an archive of my pics that is not connected to my PC. I would have lost quite a few of them during the recent crash otherwise.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

There's a tool by Microsoft, called power tools or something, that will allow you to rt click any pic on your computer and have the option to resize it. Very simple and a free download. I can try to track the exact name down if anyone is interested. I have it on all my PCs.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
blackwolf97

Post by blackwolf97 »

Remote hosting FTMFW. I use Photobucket.
GrandPrix.Net

Sig P238 .40S&W
Izhevsk M44
Izhevsk SKS
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

All the images here are hosted off site :)

Even then, having to load up ten 20 MGP images can bring an old laptop to its knees!
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Chumlee Bumsnag

Post by Chumlee Bumsnag »

I better look into this. I rarely make a post without adding a picture. I belong to a Canadian gun forum that enables me to post my pics as thumbnails. I'll get my teenagers on it right away.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

:lol:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: My kids just shake there head at me like i should already know how to do all this. :no: :no:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
popgun

Post by popgun »

GOOD POST! still do not have camera but will. thanks for heads up. popgun :popgun: :popgun: :pop: :pop:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I downsize my pics using the Paint program that came on my computer, and then post them using the upload attachment button that is right below the box where you type your post. I can never remember my photobucket account info to log in.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

How long is it taking your pictures to load? I thought the forum automatically reduced them. at least that is what it says it is doing.

Ya gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?~ Josey Wales
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

bunkysdad wrote:How long is it taking your pictures to load? I thought the forum automatically reduced them. at least that is what it says it is doing.

It does downsize them for viewing on the forum, but it takes a long time to upload a series of 3-4 meg pics. I downsize them to about 30%, and they go on a lot faster, and are still pretty big if you click on them here on the forum.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

blackwolf97 wrote:Remote hosting FTMFW. I use Photobucket.
This, photobucket FTW
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

pacanis wrote:There's a tool by Microsoft, called power tools or something, that will allow you to rt click any pic on your computer and have the option to resize it. Very simple and a free download. I can try to track the exact name down if anyone is interested. I have it on all my PCs.
I think that is what I did, but it was a long time ago.
bunkysdad wrote:How long is it taking your pictures to load? I thought the forum automatically reduced them. at least that is what it says it is doing.

BD, part of it is my internet connection, but obviously a smaller file loads so much quicker. :biggrin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Jumper, you should check into CenturyLink and ask them what you are actually getting. I too have CenturyLink and recently upgraded to 7 meg. from 3 meg. When my daughter was playing her Xbox, I noticed she was lagging bad (ok, ok, when "I" was playing Call of Duty, "I" was lagging!) and I checked the Xbox settings. I was only pulling 1.8 meg. So, I called CenturyLink. They confirmed that yep, I had a 7 meg account and that I was paying for 7 meg. But, wait, Omaha only has 3 meg service. I thought "WHAT?". So, I was paying more for 7 meg, but getting 3 meg max, which was actually only about 1.5 meg. So, we talked. I found out if I upgraded my modem, I could get 10 meg. I asked her...is that really 10 meg? Or 3 meg for a 10 meg price? To make a long story short, by upgrading the modem, I was able to access the higher grade DSL line and am now pulling...get this, 56 meg :)

It only costs me $7 more a month. I dropped HBO and it more than covered the difference.

Just some thoughts for you...
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

I called them twice, some time ago. The last call kinda started with me telling them "not to tell me to use a shorter phone line" The guy proceeded to tell me just that. I think the conversation went south about that time when I said something like "listen you idiot, my phone line is 2 inches long ." :very mad: I am fine running off my phone and saving $40 a month I'm blazing at about 1mbs right now, but that's a whole lot faster than I get with Century Link. :biggrin:
popgun

Post by popgun »

jumperwire== i am getting 400mg dd asd and so on (ha ha) i just have a laptop sitting here typing this out to all of you. the pic. info is great. do not know what the h--- all that speed is! know firearms better than comps. believe it or not. i will get a camera after the first of the year. i know you all need to know this. popgun :popgun: :popgun: :pop: :pop: :big shock:
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Wow Jumper... I didn't know they still measured stuff in kilobytes/second... :lol:
It doesn't sound like that Century company is worth having.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have no idea what the hell you boys are going on about. What kind of camera are you going to get Pop's? Don't go cheap, get something nice from Nikon or Canon I can recommend the Canon 50D DSLR, or the powershot A780, or is it 760, I forget.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt