2 Sniper at cabelas in fort worth

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zedteamk2

2 Sniper at cabelas in fort worth

Post by zedteamk2 »

I was at the Fort Worth Texas cabelas today. They had 2 mosins nagant snipers. Looked to be in good condition.
Just thought I would pass the sighting on in case some one was interested.
Celt

Re: 2 Sniper at cabelas in fort worth

Post by Celt »

Two words....
Re
Pro :shifty:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
zedteamk2

Post by zedteamk2 »

As in reproduction? Would they do that?
I'm just posting so anyone who might be interested could look into them.
Out of my price range :(. They looked real to me, but I am definately a newbie to this
Celt

Post by Celt »

Out of my league as well. R Guns is the only"store"I'd buy one. I just don't want one that bad (800$s)
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Celt wrote:Out of my league as well. R Guns is the only"store"I'd buy one. I just don't want one that bad (800$s)
While RGUNS is the only safe bet for those inexperienced in snipers. RGUNS is not the only source (I'm leaving Molot snipers out of this conversation on this forum). Century did at one time import real snipers too. Yes they made reproductions, but there were real snipers with their import stamp on them also. Not that anyone working at Cabela's is likely to know the difference, an experienced collector who knows what to look for often does.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I looked at those a while back. Not the real thing or even close. Had one in my hand and had them put it back within 10 seconds.

Zed, what part of town are you from?
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Well there is your answer. :thumbsup:
Last edited by clayshooter2 on Sun May 05, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zedteamk2

Post by zedteamk2 »

I'm in plano. I am now quite disappointed cabelas sells replicas without stating so. I have to admit, my 1 minute inspection had me fooled.
Good thing I am broke :)
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

zedteamk2 wrote:I'm in plano. I am now quite disappointed cabelas sells replicas without stating so. I have to admit, my 1 minute inspection had me fooled.
Honestly, there is a very good chance that they don't know the difference. I really like Cabela's for many many things. Their expert knowledge is not one of those things, nor do I expect it to be. I do not believe Cabela's is trying to deceive anyone, they just don't know what exactly they have. No real harm in that. It is up to the buyer to know what he/she is looking at and buying. Besides, Cabela's is a fisherman's paradise!!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Zed, welcome to the forum. Have you found anything good at the Cabelas in Allen? It must be what? 10 minutes North of you? I was in there one day nd the rack had a dozen 91/30's and ever since that day I have not found any again.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

clayshooter2 wrote:
zedteamk2 wrote:I'm in plano. I am now quite disappointed cabelas sells replicas without stating so. I have to admit, my 1 minute inspection had me fooled.
Honestly, there is a very good chance that they don't know the difference. I really like Cabela's for many many things. Their expert knowledge is not one of those things, nor do I expect it to be. I do not believe Cabela's is trying to deceive anyone, they just don't know what exactly they have. No real harm in that. It is up to the buyer to know what he/she is looking at and buying. Besides, Cabela's is a fisherman's paradise!!!

Yeah I think you may be right for the most part. If I remember correctly wasn't it a Cabela's that Matt (Martin08) got that Polish M91/30 PU at up in Maine? I don't think they knew what that was either and he got it for a song.
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Agreed, but he owns New England when it comes to milsurp. Have you ever heard him talking about Enfields? He starts posting in an English accent. (shush though, if you let everyone know Martin is a Mosin buying Jedi then he will have to many PM's to read in a timely fashion when I am trying to pick his brain on my purchases I am making). Think of the Children!! :chuckles:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zedteamk2

Post by zedteamk2 »

bunkysdad wrote:Zed, welcome to the forum. Have you found anything good at the Cabelas in Allen? It must be what? 10 minutes North of you? I was in there one day nd the rack had a dozen 91/30's and ever since that day I have not found any again.
I havent seen any in awhile. I think i saw one about a month ago.
I'm in west palno, so it's about a 30 minute drive for me, but there are a few places i the area i like to go fishing at, so it's easy to amke an excuse to swing by.
bb91

Post by bb91 »

clayshooter2 wrote:
Celt wrote:Out of my league as well. R Guns is the only"store"I'd buy one. I just don't want one that bad (800$s)
RGUNS is not the only source (I'm leaving Molot snipers out of this conversation on this forum). Century did at one time import real snipers too. Yes they made reproductions, but there were real snipers with their import stamp on them also. Not that anyone working at Cabela's is likely to know the difference, an experienced collector who knows what to look for often does.

This! :pointup:

I have one of the Century early imports, no UGLY billboard import mark like RGUNS applied.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

zedteamk2 wrote:As in reproduction? Would they do that?
I'm just posting so anyone who might be interested could look into them.
Out of my price range :(. They looked real to me, but I am definately a newbie to this
They look real to a lot of people who buy them thinking that. That is why you should be real careful to post about what you know and nothing else. Ask questions next time before the post calling them something they aren't. Learn a little everyday and so does everyone else here! No harm no foul now you know for the next time! Bill :D
PXDon

Post by PXDon »

I know for a fact that they don't know its not a legit sniper. It goes both ways though as I have bought all of my hex's from Cabela's and their sku info called them round receivers... better gun for a good price.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

PXDon wrote:I know for a fact that they don't know its not a legit sniper. It goes both ways though as I have bought all of my hex's from Cabela's and their sku info called them round receivers... better gun for a good price.

I really don't think they are any better just than a round receiver, just asthetically more desirable than a round receiver. What you want then thinking about human nature is always better in our eyes though! :lol: Bill :wink:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The receivers are just as good round or hex, but hex is fake on a PU, always.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt