Ortgies .32 ACP gets a little brother! Pic Heavy.

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
MoSEEN.Nut

Ortgies .32 ACP gets a little brother! Pic Heavy.

Post by MoSEEN.Nut »

I made a post awhile back about an 1895 Nagant leading to a Ortgies (.32 ACP) and now it has a little brother (.25 ACP). I was nosing around just over the pass into Ventura county to look around a couple gun shops and spotted this little Deutsche Werke - Ortgies Patent - Werke Erfurt in at least NRA Excellent condition. (My pictures don't do these two handguns justice, the blueing is much better than the pics). A couple months ago I never heard of an Orgies, now I am hooked, especially after taking the .32 to the indoor range.
32 LeftS.jpg
25 LeftS.jpg
25 RightS.jpg
Pair2S.jpg
Ironically both were found locally in So Cal and for $250 each which is not bad for So Cal pricing. On Auction Arms or GB the prices on these are going up and up. Can't wait to get the .25 cleaned up and oiled and over to the indoor. It looks like it was maybe fired about 60 years ago as the oil has turned to cake, but the bore is pristine and no pitting of any kind with about 95 percent plus blueing. Wood is just fine. All matching, all original including the magazine. (The .32 pictured doesn't have the magazine inserted, forgot and left it on the table!!). From the serial numbers on both of these I date them Fifth Version, probably 1922 or early 1923. Production was from 1919 to 1924.

Now I am hooked. Will be looking all over for a .380 (aka 9mm) in NRA Excellent to complete a 3 caliber set. Wish me luck!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
polymerase2

Re: Ortgies .32 ACP gets a little brother! Pic Heavy.

Post by polymerase2 »

Really nice looking pistols. I'll have to keep an eye out.
We have met the enemy and he is us.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Wow, gorgeous pair! You did great! If I happen to see anything in this area, I'll send you a message.

Good luck in your quest!
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

SWEEEET :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
cyknight

Post by cyknight »

I sold an Ortgies .32 that I restored on gunbroker.com a couple of years ago. Sold less than 12 hours after I listed it, wish I had a bunch more to market! :)
American Gunsmiths: Making things go BANG for over 200 years!
Co-Owner/Gunsmith - Diamond B Gunsmithing.

2-1942 Izhevsk M91/30, 1939 K98, 1895 M1891 Argentine Mauser, 1924 VZ-24, 1917 SMLE, 1942 SMLE, 1933 1895 Tula Nagant, 1958 Type 56 SKS
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Greatguns

Post by Greatguns »

That is definitely a nice looking pair of pistols you have there. I have worked on a few Ortgies back when I worked in a gunsmithing shop. They are nice to work on. Good classic pistols.