Forums back up!...then down...then up!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Forums back up!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No problems when I was on yesterday morning, at home the computer is a pile of burned out parts that I just tossed on the scrap heap so no problems there either. Everything looks good at the moment, 7am.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Well, I was up till about 11:30 (our time) last night with this, and I had to get up this morning at 4:30 am to go to work. It's seems to be stable for now, if not I will get after them and maybe move if I have to. I have 3 accounts with these guys and I'll move them all if they don't fix this soon.

Dolk
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Most of the time, I kept getting a generic "unavailable" page with a few ads. Once though, I got a blank page that simply said "This works!". lol, I assumed they were working on it and had found a fix.

Between a nasty headache and the forum being down, there surely must have been a tremor in The Force!

Thanks for whipping those boys back into shape Dolk!
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Your effort is much appreciated, Dolk.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

That page ("it works") was placed up to test the forums around 5:30 or 6:00 pm PST last night. It was remove after the first time they fixed it.

I just got a email (5:27 am PST) saying they were still having problem, but I don't see any right now. Maybe they need to clear their cashe on their browser, but I don't see anything wrong right now. Anyone having problems?

(6:20 AM PST)

Dolk
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Everything is as smooth as a freshly cleaned and lubed 91/30 bolt!

It actually seems to be a bit faster refreshing after posting. Maybe the memory upgrade is helping too.

Thanks Dolk.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

MN Fan wrote:Everything is as smooth as a freshly cleaned and lubed 91/30 bolt!

It actually seems to be a bit faster refreshing after posting. Maybe the memory upgrade is helping too.

Thanks Dolk.
Thank you!

Periodic updates through the day from you guys would be very helpful, just to know they have this fixed.

Thank you!

Dolk
MN Fan

Re: Forums back up!...then down...then up!

Post by MN Fan »

9:30 CST and everything is working flawlessly. I even re-read some of the photo intensive topics and the images had all loaded before I scrolled down. I realize they aren't necessarily hosted on the same server as the forum, but the over-all performance is noticably faster than before.
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Flawless here. And I actually didn't clear my cache (I hate re-entering all those passwords and such).
Thanks for the great job, Dolk :)
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Greatguns

Post by Greatguns »

Working with a new laptop and accidentally closed my whole web browser. When I restarted it and tried to re-open the forum it wouldn't open. That was around 12-12:30 and couldn't get back on til now. Thought I had broken it.(again) :D
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

The servers to this point are not having any problems.

Dolk
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

It's been down a few times today for me. The last time just about 15-20min ago. :roll:
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Yep, it was down here, too. About an hour ago, tried to get on several times, cleared my cookies again, no go, and now we're back up again :D
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Drago

Post by Drago »

I didn't realize how addicted I've become to this board until I wasn't able to get in, earlier! Man, I almost got some work done...but alas, the site came back up, so now work is only a fleeting thought!!!!! :clap: :clap: :toast:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Yep down for me a few times also. I also have had a problem with it logging me out randomly. It did this a few days ago but I wrote it off as being my wanky computer and IE8.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Withdrawals here have been nightmarish. It did force me to go outside into the fresh air to ease the sweating and uncontrollable shaking. Once my eyes became adjusted to the light, I jumped into the truck and quickly drove to the nearest pawn shop for a quick fix. Though there wasn't a Mosin in sight, I did get to handle a nice Hawkins .50 cal. :)

I am finally able to get back on after several hours. Dolk...go kick their ass please :)
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Perhaps if your hosts changed the default web page to a cheerleader calendar, it might not be so agonizing when the forums are down?
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Or better yet, how about this.
navy_anna_5984web.jpg
I found this on another site. :biggrin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

My new wallpaper...thanks :mrgreen:
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Yeah. That works. Can you get them to do that, Dolk?