good places to get cc holsters?

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
young_gun

good places to get cc holsters?

Post by young_gun »

Ill shortly be purchasing a Taurus model 65 revolver its a 357 mag with a 4" barrel I know its a little large for CC but I really like the gun and it will be my only pistol so its what ill have I was hoping some of you guys would help me out in pointing me in the right direction in finding a holster with website links and the such thanks for the help :D
BuckeyeSgt

Re: good places to get cc holsters?

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Here is a place to start. I already put the model in for the search for ya.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemList ... pe=Holster
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Check Amazon and Optics Planet. The last holster I bought was from Amazon, and I shopped like crazy before I ordered it.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
young_gun

Post by young_gun »

Thanks for the help guys I would have never thought you of amazon but I've never really used it before so i guess I don't know what's on there but ill definitely look into all of them and see what i can find :tongue:
dou44

Post by dou44 »

i bought my iwb holster for my xd40 from opticsplanet for around $43 shipped it is a galco king tuk .they have a large selection of holsters.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

+1 on optics planet ...or was that 2.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
entropy

Post by entropy »

Midway. Large selection, good prices, fast shipping.

Don't overlook improvised, non-traditional carry methods. (I do not mean Mexican carry!) I have a lot of holsters, but still use the paracord holster on occasion; I developed a carry method using a short piece of 1 1/2" webbing backed with male Velcro that hooks up nicely on the right side of my instructor's belt where the excess loops back around and hooks back onto the belt. I also sewed a piece of it inside the belt, ala the "beltster" . I believe Hogue makes a grip with a "lip" on it ala the Barami Hip Grip I have on my Colt Cobra. They should have one for the Taurus 65.
+1 on the King Tuk mentioned by dou44, as well as the CrossBreeds.

Any holster for the S&W K-frames (10, 14, 15, 19, 64, 65, etc. ) will fit your Taurus 65. That increases your options immensely. Check the 'bargain' bin of used holsters at your local gun shop. I just found a nice Kydex IWB for my Taurus PT-145 at the shop by my house for $15; It was labeled as a left Handed holster for an XD-40 Compact, but was a RH IWB! :lol: It fit the PT-145 perfectly, as do holsters for the Glock 27.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Greatguns

Post by Greatguns »

There is a member of another forum board that I am on that makes custom IWB holsters. His website is http://www.hhholsters.com. I have not had the need to get one but everyone I know who has gotten one likes them. May not be what you are looking for but worth checking out.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Greatguns wrote:There is a member of another forum board that I am on that makes custom IWB holsters. His website is http://www.hhholsters.com. I have not had the need to get one but everyone I know who has gotten one likes them. May not be what you are looking for but worth checking out.
Guys, this is Greatguns whom is another one of us refugees from another board. A good man who knows guns!
Will be a good asset to this Board! :clap: :clap:
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

I've bought several holsters from Midway USA. Top notch outfit with most everything in stock. And I've bought from custom makers, too. And Crossbreed and Fist and Comptac... just resign yourself to the fact that you will probably buy more than one holster :D
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Uncle Mike's makes a lot of usable nylon/synthetic gear.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain