Forums back up!...then down...then up!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Forums back up!...then down...then up!

Post by Darryl »

Forums seem to have gone down for 1 hour or so today (Monday). The hosts had a problem and fixed it.

Sorry about that!

Dolk
pacanis

Re: Forums back up!

Post by pacanis »

It's flying right along now! :)
Whatever they did to get it back online seems to have fixed all the hiccups I was having the past 24 hours.
Kudos :clap:
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

:clap: :clap:
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I have been having small hiccups for over 3 days now. I thought it was my browser and loaded the newest version.

You will notice I had a post in the announcements asking if anyone was having problems, no one answered or PM'd me (except one saying no).

But today, it hit bottom and I did some testing and found out it was the hosting company. They got it running just before 5:30 pm Pacific Standard time. It had to do with how it was being distributed, on the East coast it was "spotty", but on the West side it was "out".

Send me an email if it goes out ever. I have a phone and it will go to me immediately. webmaster@russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com

They are still having small issues right now as we speak. Slow loading is one and they are working on it right now.

Hopefully it will get better.!

Dolk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Up....down....up....down.....I am on the phone right now and they think the new server they moved us to a month or two ago has problems and they may move us...again!

Sorry gentlemen.

Dolk
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

I haven't had any problems until earlier today. Yesterday pacanis was having trouble and I refered him to you. He said it was only the one time but it involved multiple postings of the same thread. I'm in Louisiana and I'm still having problems. I'm typing this quickly so I can post it.
Last edited by WeldonHunter on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbkittrell

Post by sbkittrell »

Thanks for getting it back up and running.
Some days it's not even worth gnawing through the restraints.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

We know you're on it dolk, no worries. We'll ride it out :)
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

They just up the memory on the server that host us. They said they believe some of the memory modules on that server were having problem. Sounds like an excuse to me.

We'll see.

Dolk
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Was lost this afternoon without them :)
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
martin08

Post by martin08 »

I had a friend from another forum who was trying to join today and said all he could get was a big red X. I told him to hang in there for now, and if the registration doesn't go through soon, I'd contact an Admin.

I hope he can make it. Greatguns will make a GREAT addition!
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Greatguns

Post by Greatguns »

martin08 wrote:I had a friend from another forum who was trying to join today and said all he could get was a big red X. I told him to hang in there for now, and if the registration doesn't go through soon, I'd contact an Admin.

I hope he can make it. Greatguns will make a GREAT addition!

Sounds like that is my que to make my entry Martin, thanks much buddy. So yes I am here. Was just getting ready to post up in the new members forum as requested for a first post, then saw Martin08's post about me so...... here I am. I just realized that Martin and I now share 4 boards together, but don't get the idea that I am stalking him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Greatguns

Post by Greatguns »

Oh BTW, I did try to check out the archived threads from the old forum just to learn and get a better feel for everything here and got the big red X there. That was about 5 minutes before my first post. Just an FYI.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Welcome aboard Greatguns!
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Hey GreatGuns, glad you could make it in! This forum typically runs flawlessly, sorry for the troubles you had.

Welcome!
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Greatguns

Post by Greatguns »

MN Fan wrote:Hey GreatGuns, glad you could make it in! This forum typically runs flawlessly, sorry for the troubles you had.

Welcome!
Thanks for the welcome guys. and no worries on the server deal, I figured it would get straightened out. It happens. Martin08 posted up about this place over on one of the other forums we are on together and seeing how MNs are my third love after my wife then SKSs, thought I would check it out. I just PM'd him there when I started having trouble to make sure I didn't do something wrong.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

GG, glad you moved over to the Dark Side. You will like it. :D
Nice and peaceful over here. See you in the Semi thread!
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
Greatguns

Post by Greatguns »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:GG, glad you moved over to the Dark Side. You will like it. :D
Nice and peaceful over here. See you in the Semi thread!
Hey OO, I just replied to your PM over on 'the other' forum :lol: :lol:
This could get real confusing for me here bro, I am a simple man :big shock: :lol: j/k
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

It's so nice to see us back up and running again this morning. I apparently jinxed us last night when I said how smooth it was running. Sorry about that :oops:

Dolk, I should be able to remember who to send the email to now. A couple members referred me to you, but it was so spotty I was just trying to type something in my post before I got booted again.
It was weird. If I opened up the forum it worked fine... for about five minutes, then I would start having the problems. If I closed it and opened it again it would do it all over, work fine for just a couple posts, then stop again. I thought maybe it was my recent AVG update or something.

But we're back :clap:
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Welcome aboard, Greatguns! You should be right at home here.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....