J&G Hexes

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Silk#2

Re: J&G Hexes

Post by Silk#2 »

Aim has round for $119 sad that j&g gouging ...suprised too..they are only 1 1/2 hours away and use to be in the ballpark with others :?
The 8
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Aim could be selling off old stock, and J&G is now working on new stock, prices at the dealers tend to rise as the distributors they buy rifles from raise prices, and distributors raise prices when they have to pay more to buy the rifles overseas.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the club everyone, this is exactly what I went through back in the 90's with Enfields, Garands, Mauser's, M1903's, US M1917's, M1 Carbines. You get used to a nice, low price, then one day it's tripled, fun over.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bcposton

Post by bcposton »

I tried to tell my SWMBO about this a couple years back when I first got bitten by the addiction - that I should buy now and reap the benefits later. Sadly I encountered resistance to this plan and currently own only 5 of these great rifles but I have good variety in that collection.

I guess my glory story to tell people in five years will be about the time that I ran a group buy from J&G with some of my work buddies that netted rifles @ $92 each - FFL transfer was free and totally legal. Wish I could still do that but started charging last year.
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

Classic has tapped into the Century Arms stash that was rumored to be sitting in the Northeast somewhere while they focused on semi auto sales. Looks like they are hex laminates starting @ $159 and going to $179 for the "x" code rifles. Both grades are supposed to come with bayonet, oiler, sling,and tools. Definitely looks like there is a trend of higher prices from the online big boys. :x
Rangerflip

Post by Rangerflip »

Just a bit too high for me right now :beek:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Of course the prices are higher.

In the past few months we have told them what we are willing to pay for firearms and related items, and for once.....they listened.

I think that it is so ironic that the fear of Obama passing more gun controls, actually ended up in us driving up the prices. He got more of what he wanted from gun buyers than from gun haters. :big shock: :chuckles: :angry4:
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
hieny

Post by hieny »

My first 1942 91/30 was $125 at LGS. Now I got a 1946 91/30 at the local Pawn Shop for $149. It is a much nicer looking gun and stock and NO Cosmoline to clean, but still going up!! The local Gun Show here was selling M44's for $250- $450 and even had a T53 for $500 and it looked like it was drug behind a RAM Truck for 10 miles!! So, Yepper, it is SHTF time for collectors of Fine, old, WW Weapons!!!
Ruger LC9 (personal CCW)
1942 and 1943 Винтовка Мосина M91/30's.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Remember when Balkan M91's were $100 or less and everybody turned their noses up at them?
Theodore Roosevelt
Synack

Post by Synack »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Welcome to the club everyone, this is exactly what I went through back in the 90's with Enfields, Garands, Mauser's, M1903's, US M1917's, M1 Carbines. You get used to a nice, low price, then one day it's tripled, fun over.
Makes me sad that I missed that completely! I would love to have a M1903, prices are crazy though... A Mauser might be a compromise purchase in my future though...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Some Mauser's are quickly catching up to the '03, the '03 is essentially a Mauser anyway.
Theodore Roosevelt