Belgium Flintlock pistol

If it fires black powder, it is discussed here.
iwuzwhatiwuz

Belgium Flintlock pistol

Post by iwuzwhatiwuz »

Hey guys I need a opinion on this Belgium flintlock pistol. He want $100, is it worth it? Thanks!
desdem12

Re: Belgium Flintlock pistol

Post by desdem12 »

I would ask for more pics but it certainly looks ok. The crown over B I would wonder about as many countries used crowns and letters (dutch to name one). :D
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Any period flintlock from any place is worth at least $100 even in dug up condition. This pistol is in relic condition, a copy of a French model, The French had the leading flintlock designs during that era. Do not buy this with the expectation of shooting it, this is a historical treasure, but likely has a frizzen gone soft with age and use, thin ( iron, not steel) barrel with possible weak spots or pitting, and I can see splits in the stock. If you want a shooting flintlock there are many modern recreations that range from made in India models favored by the movie industry to high dollar custom made flinters. I like the Pedersoli flinters Dixie Gun Works carries as shooters.
iwuzwhatiwuz

Post by iwuzwhatiwuz »

Thanks all. I wasn't planing on shooting the old girl but either putting it in a nice display case or using it to acquire a safe, shootable flintlock.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Great display piece, these are all rare, any weapon that was made in that era, this one would have been 1790-1825