Sad and funny at the same time.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
SavageDennis

Sad and funny at the same time.

Post by SavageDennis »

Gouging, woefully optimistic or a sprinkle of both?

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1144541/s ... --and-ammo
Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto, quod me nutrit me destruit.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Sad and funny at the same time.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

He can ask watever he wants, getting it is another issue.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
FINNADDICT

Post by FINNADDICT »

Good lord. :big shock:

That must be the very last full crate of Mosin Nagant's on the planet!!!! I must have it before the rest of you get it :lol:
TO WIN YOU NEED A FINN
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

So that is why you guys want to buy crates? Dang I should have thought of that! :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: Bill
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

This would be a good price if it was my crate, but my crate has things like an unissued Tikka 91/30 in it, SCW rifles, MO, and ex snipers, Finn capture 91/30's, and so on, even DDR marked rifles. That crate looks to be full of basic wartime date round receiver models, nice, but not yet $250 each nice ( plus shipping)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

I suspect this guy's best offer will be a lot closer to $2000 than $5000 :big shock:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I would trade a wave runner for it right off. I have no use for those any more. Too bad I don't have one. :roll: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

desdem12 wrote:I would trade a wave runner for it right off. I have no use for those any more. Too bad I don't have one. :roll: :lol:
I would trade a wave runner from the early 90's that doesn't run!
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
psmd

Post by psmd »

At least it looks like the rifles have the smaller import marks.
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

I was just at a local gun store, and he just got in a 1943 Izhevsk.. Nothing special, very nice shape still had grease all over it.. It may have been a red letter gun at some point because the rear sight and recover were.highlighted in a light pink whitish ink.. Any way the gun was marked at 250, I asked him what he could do on it. He said the best he could.do was 225??? So I told him that I know a lot about these guns, and that sounds high.. He said that's the going rate, and if I don't buy it someone else will.. I guess this is the world we live in now, just crazy
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

If someone pays $225 for a 43 round receiver Izhevsk that is their problem. I wouldn't touch it for that price. I am glad I was able to grab a bunch of stuff right before everything went nuts. I would be in the poor house at thos prices :roll:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I had a LOT of fun 2006-2009, UPS here every other day, either ammo or guns, glad I had my fun before it all went to shit.
Theodore Roosevelt
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Gsragtop wrote:I was just at a local gun store, and he just got in a 1943 Izhevsk.. Nothing special, very nice shape still had grease all over it.. It may have been a red letter gun at some point because the rear sight and recover were.highlighted in a light pink whitish ink.. Any way the gun was marked at 250, I asked him what he could do on it. He said the best he could.do was 225??? So I told him that I know a lot about these guns, and that sounds high.. He said that's the going rate, and if I don't buy it someone else will.. I guess this is the world we live in now, just crazy
At the gun show last month a dealer had a MN in a black stock. Bubbarized. Wanted $400 for it. Talked to him briefly and said I thought that was high. He told he wouldn't budge from the price. He said "Someone will come along and buy it"
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hmm, the listing is three weeks old, since he's local to me maybe I should make him an offer. :biggrin:
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
Celt

Post by Celt »

I would! He said you get the box too! You tell him that'd be the deal breaker, no box, no deal.
:chuckles:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
The Feral Machinist

Post by The Feral Machinist »

I saw a fairly nice looking M91/30, Saturday at a gun show. When I got closer to it, the stock had been polyurethaned. It was a 40' Izhevsk, Finn captured. The guy carrying wanted $400 for it. I wasn't about to explain what he had and how he destroyed it. He had an offer of $250 on already. I told him to run that guy down and take the money. Ignorant Bubba meets price gouging.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
I love JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR!
mo_dingo

Post by mo_dingo »

The Feral Machinist wrote:I saw a fairly nice looking M91/30, Saturday at a gun show. When I got closer to it, the stock had been polyurethaned. It was a 40' Izhevsk, Finn captured. The guy carrying wanted $400 for it. I wasn't about to explain what he had and how he destroyed it. He had an offer of $250 on already. I told him to run that guy down and take the money. Ignorant Bubba meets price gouging.
Sad, no respect for history.
M44 currently on order and arriving shortly, cant wait!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into." - Maturin Murray Ballou
bcposton

Post by bcposton »

Overpriced but those are some very nice looking light red shellac stocks in that crate....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

In som eplaces around the world that would be considered a low price, we are both lucky and spoiled here in the US with these. So many were brought in so fast that the prices have been forced lower than they should have been for years, only now are they catching up. These refurbs are $250-$300 rifles, a government refurbished , shootable, .30 bolt action five shot. You would have to pay over $500 to get something even close to this from the commercial gun makers.
Theodore Roosevelt