Cleaning rod for Romanian M44?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
TheSovietSamurai

Cleaning rod for Romanian M44?

Post by TheSovietSamurai »

Hi folks, I have a Romanian M44 in need of a Romanian cleaning rod, anybody have one for sale? I'm in Australia and there's not a one over here, so I'd appreciate it if it could be sent.
Three_Dogs

Re: Cleaning rod for Romanian M44?

Post by Three_Dogs »

If it is the same as the Russian M44 Liberty Tree Collectors, one of the forum sponsors has them for $17.00 USD, if it isn't no doubt one of our other members with one will likely have a source or an extra one laying around. Liberty Tree has a link at the top of the home page.
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
TheSovietSamurai

They are essentially exactly the same as the Russian M44's, I was going to get one from LTC anyway, but I wanted to try seeing if I could find a Romanian stamped example. No big deal if I can't, it'd just be nice to have an all-Romanian rifle, I was lucky enough to find a Romanian folding bayonet for it at a gun show.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have an unissued Romanian M44, the rod is the same as any Soviet M44 except it's in the white, I do not recall any Romanian stamp on it, but I will have to check.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

I believe my Romanian has a normal blued rod in it? Dang it JYD now I have to go digging out there again. They are supposed to be in white then? I am sure there are no marks on it or I would have put it in the book but if it is wrong and Russian in origin it would be unmarked more than likely. Liberty Tree has a great line to Finland so often has great parts we can't find here. Bill :wink:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Wait until I dig out the RIfle Bill, my memory is not the best, I could be confusing it with the Romanian rebuilt Hungarian .
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

in the white.
Theodore Roosevelt
Siam

Post by Siam »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Wait until I dig out the RIfle Bill, my memory is not the best, I could be confusing it with the Romanian rebuilt Hungarian .
My Romanian cleaning rod is blued and my Hungarian rod is 02 marked and in the white. Both on M44's. Also, my 1943 Tula 91/30 has an unmarked, in the white, cleaning rod.
Ed
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

My Hungarian PU's cleaning rod is 02 marked, but then it was never in the hands of the Romanians..
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

And I can't find the dang rifle so I don't really know because my addled old brain is most times wrong! :oops: I seriously have lost the rifle as it is not in the safe I thought it was in and my back is killing me tonight so I trying to take it easy tonight. I spent the better part of the day wandering around the VA hospital and God am I hurting tonight. Friend came over and I dug a couple of bayonets and the last of the 7.62x54r ammo I had for sale for him and that about did me in so I crashed on the bed and now I am wide awake. Dang Geezer Sleep Stinks! Maybe tomorrow after the auction. Bill :?
TheSovietSamurai

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
in the white.
I must say JYD, that is one exceptional Romanian M44, I'm sure mine was in a similar condition before the previous owner got his hands on it :/ I was under the impression that all Romanian cleaning rods had this appearance? http://pictures.gunauction.com/56620101 ... Gr2.01.jpg I'm pretty sure I read it on 7.62x54r.net? I don't suppose anybody would be willing to part with a Romanian stamped cleaning rod, as most are probably attached to your rifles :P But if you have one laying around, I'd gladly pay whatever you'd ask for it within reason, and cover all shipping costs. I'm desperate to find one now, I don't understand where they all went.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

That for sure is blued isn't it. You hit the key to where they are attached to rifles. I will check my spares out there in the shop today for you as all them all blued and came from all over the place. I bought 10 of them one time in Columbus show for $70. I remember at the time I thought that price ridiculous but thought they might be a great thing to buy and have. I bundled them like the pickers do with a whole lot repro long and short mauser cleaning rods and got a much better price for the whole thing. One never knows I guess? Bill :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I will have to pull the rifle out later and have a look at it again, tiny stamps tend to pass unnoticed by me sometimes unless I put a glass to the part. The Romanian refurbished Hungarian M44 has a rod that is unmarked and in the white, looks to be unused, but the Romanians went so far as to put the 02 marked Hungarian band springs back into the Polish stock they put on the rifle, they may have retained the Hungarian rod as well.
Theodore Roosevelt