Local carbine with ammo for $200

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
cornflakes

Re: Local carbine with ammo for $200

Post by cornflakes »

Welp.... ITS MINE! Very clean with a nice shiny bore! also, it has been counterbored... and the ammo came in a plastic XD case. ;) The guy said he had a bunch of calls and people were chomping at the bit to come see the gun. I'm glad he gave me priority. ;)

SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Did you buy the dang gun already and where are the pictures?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
cornflakes

Post by cornflakes »

SA1911a1 wrote:Did you buy the dang gun already and where are the pictures?

lol.... look up. Yes i bought it.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

cornflakes wrote:
SA1911a1 wrote:Did you buy the dang gun already and where are the pictures?

lol.... look up. Yes i bought it.
You need to overlook my overlooking, I am old......

And good! I am glad you didn't let that one get away!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
cornflakes

Post by cornflakes »

seller was a super nice guy as well. I told him he was nuts for selling it! $160 for a m38... in today's market.... (well i didn't go into that much detail with him)
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

:udaman: :slap: :dance: Very nice!!!
Jim

Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

:thumbsup: :Drool1:

Congrats cornflake you did very good. My wife always made comments about my gun buying till I showed her
what I paid for a gun and what they were selling fore, and she changed her tune. Your wife will make out ok.
I ken tell you are a fair person just because you knew the gun was a deal and did not want to take advantage
of the seller. I respect that. Now check it over good and take it and shoot it, but hold on she has a punch.

:udaman:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Oh man, cornflake, you got a bargain. I mean 200 without ammo would be a good deal. The ammo really sweetened it up. The laminate stock dresses it up beautifully.:grin:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That's not just any ammo, that's Yugo ( at least the 70's dated stuff is), what we now call Privi, not reloadable but the best commie era surplus I ever fired, commercial quality stuff. Nice 1943 with wartime expedient receiver and refurb marked laminated stock. Good deal :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
cornflakes

Post by cornflakes »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:That's not just any ammo, that's Yugo ( at least the 70's dated stuff is), what we now call Privi, not reloadable but the best commie era surplus I ever fired, commercial quality stuff. Nice 1943 with wartime expedient receiver and refurb marked laminated stock. Good deal :)
is that yugo ammo of the same quality as all that x39 yugo ammo i hear people praising that you can no longer find?
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

WICKED NICE!!!! You really got a beauty :Drool1: . Stand by for some first class FUN!!!!! :thumbsup:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Great looking carbine and brass ammo...SAWEET :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
rideandslidejim

Post by rideandslidejim »

Beauuuuuuuuutiful !!!!!! ;mywink; ;mywink; ;mywink; ;mywink; :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jim
Member of the Lousy Spellers Of America Asso.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

That was a heck of a deal. I've got one in aan earlier laminate stock. The layers of the laminate are a little thinner. Very nice find. :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Wow that looks great :thumbsup:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

cornflakes wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:That's not just any ammo, that's Yugo ( at least the 70's dated stuff is), what we now call Privi, not reloadable but the best commie era surplus I ever fired, commercial quality stuff. Nice 1943 with wartime expedient receiver and refurb marked laminated stock. Good deal :)
is that yugo ammo of the same quality as all that x39 yugo ammo i hear people praising that you can no longer find?
Yes it is .
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mosinjunkie

Post by mosinjunkie »

I was kinda figuring you would go look at it and it would have the Molot stamp on it. Nice deal! :thumbsup:
The gun control nuts are talking to your lawmakers! AS A GUN OWNER, YOU SHOULD BE TOO!
cornflakes

Post by cornflakes »

Well. I'M HOOKED!!!! Took it out to the range today..... WOW!! That baby is a hoot to shoot! I'm definitely a fan of the carbines.
Buckhead

Post by Buckhead »

cornflakes wrote:Well. I'M HOOKED!!!! Took it out to the range today..... WOW!! That baby is a hoot to shoot! I'm definitely a fan of the carbines.

The Carbines are great guns as are all the Mosins, but the Carbines are the best.
Now get you a M38 you will love that one also. Lighter because there is no Bayonet.
If you like Carbines Look for a Steye M95. Ammo is a little expensive but a fun gun to shoot
the gun cost less but well made, it is a straight pull bolt that is fun in its self. Or an Argentine 1891 Mauser carbine a little harder to find and much more expensive but a great gun.
I guess you can tell I like Carbines and there is a lot of them to be had.
I don't have an M44 but there is one in my future. I think yours is a good looking gun. :Drool1: :Drool1:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

The best mosin is the m91s they are very accurate, I love the long ones. :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)