First M39 is here

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
NCMN

First M39 is here

Post by NCMN »

Finally got one, forgot to take pictures while I had it apart for cleaning, but you see what she looks like. I was very fond of the carbines till this one showed up, now I see why they are so many who like these. She came from Pat, and hopefully it will not be my last. Let me know what you think.
bb91

Re: First M39 is here

Post by bb91 »

Score!!!!!!! Nice sling! :thumbsup:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is very nice. I hope you have as good a range day with that one as I did yesterday! I have a '41 as well, but it has no finish on the metal and looks like it was rode hard and put up wet. It still hangs in there on the shooters line though.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
NCMN

Post by NCMN »

SA1911a1 wrote:That is very nice. I hope you have as good a range day with that one as I did yesterday! I have a '41 as well, but it has no finish on the metal and looks like it was rode hard and put up wet. It still hangs in there on the shooters line though.
Your recent one is very nice also, after seeing your pictures I decided to try and get pictures up of mine. The finish on the metal is good, but not as good as the picture makes it seem. I am very happy with my first purchase from Pat, and if the funds were so low I would try and get another one :thumbsup: I like the war time stocks the best, and this one has a few marks here and there to show it was used. Might be a while till I get to shoot her, but she will be shot for sure.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

A "1941 straight stock"....very nice Sako! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

It will be a great rifle for you!

Dolk
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

That is one of the earliest straight stocks I have seen recently. Best I can do is 2026XX and it has a disc on it marked 1.PSTOKARPK 41 which if I am remembering right was an artillery unit. I believe the disc is the aluminum post war type. I just love the look of a straight stock rifle regardless of what kind it is. Very nice! For sure! Bill :)
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

41 Sako what else can we say, score, beautiful rifle even if it is your last they won't come any nicer :thumbsup:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
husker51

Post by husker51 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
Steve The Pirate

Post by Steve The Pirate »

41 SAKO straight stock very cool. :Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup: That's one many on my wish list.
Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them, then you're an asshole - George Carlin
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

All these really cool M39s are making me :Drool1: and want to open my wallet to Pat Burns.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice one. Cool straight stock too. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
NCMN

Post by NCMN »

Thanks guys, I really like it and glad I found it. I have a lot to learn about these Mosins still but this one was calling my name. I have a few more pictures that I might get it up here later.
NCMN

Post by NCMN »

Sorry for picture quality, light SA strike and the other I can hardly make out the 36S00. May have a number on the receiver 31?
NCMN

Post by NCMN »

Last one :)
neorebel

Post by neorebel »

Great shooting guns....I can get 1 inches at 100 yards with surplus ammo....yeah believe me they're great.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

You got another bonus there too as that is an M28/30 sight (note the absense of the 3 on it) on there not a common thing at all. That being said I have to ask you to measure the distance from the front sight base to the muzzle of the rifle. I would laugh and be oh so happy for you if they sent you a 28/30 by mistake. The pictures do not allow me to see if that front sight is set back or not. I am praying they sent you a 28/30 because if they did and you paid less than like $450 or so you are so dang lucky I suggest you get a lottery ticket. I told you it was an early one and that sight sure proves it, Great gun for sure! Bill :lol:

PS forgot the most important thing, the 28/30 will have a closer to the muzzle front sight, like less than an inch Duh Getting old sucks fella's!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Is there a hundred and fifty meter setting on the rear sight slide?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Good Point! That would be a 1.5 in the numbers of the flat top and blade of the sight. There are a few with the newer blade and older base and more than likely vice versa too. Would be neat for him if that was a 28/30 model. If so he probably got a bargain. Some of the early M39's had hand assembled parts before they got to the assembly line procedure so things could have been mix and match for a bit. That rifle gets better with every picture you send us. Bill :lol: