Rim Fire Firearms
Brian the Brit

My Savage 24 S-E

Post by Brian the Brit »

This is the Savage 24 S-E
.22 LR Top
20 Gauge under
These were made with lots and lots of combinations and are a great wood's gun
Me and Juno ( My new PUP , English springer ) will have lots of fun with the Ducks next season with this .
I believe this one was made in 1954 .
Brian the Brit

Re: My Savage 24 S-E

Post by Brian the Brit »

Oh my ,
Just posted the photo's and seen the dirt , LOL , my eyes are getting bad , Going to clean the Savage NOW , so no bad comments PLEASE
Veers57

Post by Veers57 »

Nice rifle. Also good combo. I like the idea of .22lr and 20 gauge more so than 410.

I'm looking for a combo gun, but Savage's new offering of the Model 42 with its polymer stock and plastic sights isn't very appealing. I'm going to keep looking for used 24s or wait for the Chiappa Double Badger. I'd prefer wood over polymer for a combo rifle.

How are the sights on your 24? Does the .22lr rounds impact higher than you can adjust? That's one complaint with the new Model 42.
Brian the Brit

Post by Brian the Brit »

I have not had any problems at all , seems to hit anything I shoot at , yes the 20 gauge is very handy , so much better than the 410 , I must admit it is a pleasure to use in the woods , and as for Wood stock , I do not own anything other than wood and I have over 40 Rifles :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
kjohn

Post by kjohn »

Nice little combination gun. I have used a 24H-DL in 22/20ga for over 45 years. Carried it over many pleasant miles of "chicken" hunting. Deadly machine on long distance Prairie Chicken shots. The little bugger kicks like a mule with 3". :tongue:
GOOD RIDDANCE LGR!! If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell.
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. Heinrich Himmler