This Ammo Thing Is Crazy !!!!!!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
TopperT

Re: This Ammo Thing Is Crazy !!!!!!

Post by TopperT »

Frankly I think someone has figured out a way to turn the stuff into drugs........Every single day we see someone on security cameras stealing TIDE. :chuckles: :chuckles: Damn fools get caught often as not, but still keep trying........give 'em credit for persistance if nothing else...... :chuckles:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

It has to be that. Nothing but a drug would make people act that stupid. :lol:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

It will probably be a while befor my local Walmart gets any ammo in. They don't admit it, but the closest one to me is an "ethnic" store. That means they don't carry the same product line as the other stores, they are always behind in getting new products, and they charge more for their stuff. You can expect to pay 10% more for stuff in the local store than the one fifteen miles down the road. While they advertise that they match any competitors prices, they won't match their own prices from the other store.......

I am glad to see that some inventory is returning. The big buyers will get dibs on the fresh shipments, so maybe the up-scale Wally will have some ammo soon.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tide is near ten bucks a small jug around here now, I can trade tide for ammo :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

....or AMMO for TIDE.........should work both ways :chuckles: You might be over run by ZOMBIE'S without AMMO but you'll be squeeky clean when they get you! :thumbsup:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
rideandslidejim

Post by rideandslidejim »

Tell Me !!! How in the hell can i give my wife her new pistol and no ammo to shoot it ????? :vconfused: :vconfused: :vconfused: :vconfused:

Hope thing clear up in the next month !!!

Jim
Member of the Lousy Spellers Of America Asso.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

rideandslidejim wrote:Tell Me !!! How in the hell can i give my wife her new pistol and no ammo to shoot it ????? :vconfused: :vconfused: :vconfused: :vconfused:

Jim
Stick in a box of chocolate bullets and promise you will get her the real thing later.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
rideandslidejim

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jim
Augmister

This Ammo Thing Is Crazy !!!!!!

Post by Augmister »

Ammo is just ONE thing to contemplate. Just think what things would be like with a run on food and water? Fuel? It is one thing being at my favorite gun store and the look on people when they can't buy a pistol or find ammo. They just leave the store and hit the Duncan Donuts or other fast food. The real deal will be the food and water. It will be fugly. This gun thing is just a warm up. I see the deer in the headlight posts on this forum . BTW, yeah, good reason to be armed. Heavily armed. :popgun:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Augmister wrote:Ammo is just ONE thing to contemplate. Just think what things would be like with a run on food and water? Fuel? It is one thing being at my favorite gun store and the look on people when they can't buy a pistol or find ammo. They just leave the store and hit the Duncan Donuts or other fast food. The real deal will be the food and water. It will be fugly. This gun thing is just a warm up. I see the deer in the headlight posts on this forum . BTW, yeah, good reason to be armed. Heavily armed. :popgun:
We have a thread going in the OT forum on just this subject, it will be ugly, gets that way now just before a storm and all the fresh meat, bread and milk vanish from the stores. We had a riot here after a storm last year that took out the power for a week. They crown was told no dry ice was available and they stormed the fire house shoving people aside, and breaking things until the sheriff deployed the boys in riot gear. These people are not the residents of inner city slum America, they are the educated professional types who can afford the average $370,000 home with $16,000 a year property tax that is the reality in this county. And yet the rioted over the lack of promised dry ice, what if it was food?
Theodore Roosevelt
rideandslidejim

As long as it's not Spam !!! :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:

Jim
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No, I never see that cleaned off the shelf, but enough does move that I can see I am not the only one around here stashing spam. Enough has been selling in recent years that it's gone from just basic spam on the shelf to five different kinds.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

The one with the Bacon is the best Jim! God I think my cholestrol went up just thinking about it! Bill :o
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have cases of bacon spam, great stuff :)
Theodore Roosevelt
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I have cases of bacon spam, great stuff :)
Hey JYD, is there anything that you don't collect in cases? lol
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Gold bars :)
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Kugerands work though! Bill :chuckles:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Saw a case of them once, not a case so much as a small box with several rows of coins, maybe 30 ounces, but I didn't count them.
Theodore Roosevelt
Mike

Post by Mike »

rideandslidejim wrote:Tell Me !!! How in the hell can i give my wife her new pistol and no ammo to shoot it ????? :vconfused: :vconfused: :vconfused: :vconfused:

Jim
What are you getting her? A friend of mine found his wife an AR last week, they still don't have ammo for it.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Go on the auction sites and you will find ammo, problem is you will have to pay top dollar for it, but it's there if you have no other choice.
Theodore Roosevelt