Elby sight tool

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
desdem12

Re: Elby sight tool

Post by desdem12 »

:thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

I keep my Elbe tool in my 'Range box' and have used it many times to make adjustments and frankly I cannot imaine shooting the Russian front sights without one of the tools. It makes adjustments so damn easy. Guys at my Club are always looking when I "tinker" and remark at the ease with which I adjust my front sight.

This tool is a MUST HAVE :biggrin: . Thanks for making it and sponsering us. :thumbsup:
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I keep my two in The Crate, that way I always know were they are, the crate is too big, and heavy to missplace.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I'm really going to have to get me one...if I ever get time to go shooting that is...supposed to be low SIXTIES today, I'll be here, trying to get 20 tools finished up and shipped out...

I have an SKS and a Eibar Echasa MAB GZ that I have yet to send ONE round through, and a 12 gauge should be here this coming week...arrrgh!!!
timlin33

Post by timlin33 »

I got my Elby a couple of months ago, and finally got to the range last weekend to try it out. Easy to use and very effective. My 43 Mosin went from shooting off the paper to a couple of bullseyes and the rest close to it. Great tool, simple to use and I highly recommend it.
Veers57

Post by Veers57 »

Want to say that I got my Elby Gunsmith Model Sight Tool in today. It took him a while to ship due to a backlog, but he kept me informed and shipped in the time frame.

Looks great and works even better. Took longer to find the hex wrench than to actually push the front sight off my rifle. I was concerned my front sight wouldn't move, but this tool pushed it like it was designed.

Well worth the $22. Plus it will come in handy when I install the Smith Sight (ordered a new one) as well as making sight adjustments. Maybe in the future if my Mosin collection expands, the tool will have other rifles to work on.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Veers57 wrote:Want to say that I got my Elby Gunsmith Model Sight Tool in today. It took him a while to ship due to a backlog, but he kept me informed and shipped in the time frame.

Looks great and works even better. Took longer to find the hex wrench than to actually push the front sight off my rifle. I was concerned my front sight wouldn't move, but this tool pushed it like it was designed.

Well worth the $22. Plus it will come in handy when I install the Smith Sight (ordered a new one) as well as making sight adjustments. Maybe in the future if my Mosin collection expands, the tool will have other rifles to work on.

Sorry it took so long... hopefully I can keep from injuring myself further and slowing things down around here! That being said, I do have to say that this month was insane...best/worst month I've had in the 3+ years I have been making these. I manufactured and shipped 57 tools this month, that's normally what I do in two good months and started up ten more today for mark at buymilsurp as he's about out of everything there too. :big shock:
Live_2_Ride

Post by Live_2_Ride »

Got my Elby sight tool today. It looks great and I can't wait to sight the two rifles I haven't gotten to shoot yet. Hope the weather cooperates this weekend. Thanks Bruce!
Live_2_Ride

Post by Live_2_Ride »

In addition, I ordered mine on the 13th and it's here on the 22nd. That's only 6 business days! Well done, Bruce, and thanks again!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Live_2_Ride wrote:In addition, I ordered mine on the 13th and it's here on the 22nd. That's only 6 business days! Well done, Bruce, and thanks again!
You probably got lucky and ended up with one off the run that was "extra", supposed to go into inventory, lol. So far haven't been able to make that happen with any sort of frequency though. A lot of how fast you get it will be what day of the week you ordered, as well as what tool I'm currently running. Generally figure up the run on Saturday for the following week, and try to throw in a few spares but this month that was impossible it seemed!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Better to complain about too much work than none at all :) People realize how handy these tools are and want one.
Theodore Roosevelt
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Yeah, but it's taking away from all my other "inventing"...I'm trying to work one up that has a spam can opener on it too... :Drool1:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good luck
Theodore Roosevelt
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Get almost caught up, rear main seal starts dripping today on the Neon. Freezing rain forecast tonight and tomorrow. Wonder if this old man can pull an engine and trans, split them, change the rear main and the front trans seal and get them back together in time to take the girls to class Monday morning????
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

If an oil drip is all that happens to a Neon consider it a lucky break :) The last one to come it had it's engine support rot right through and collapse.
Theodore Roosevelt
breckenridge

Post by breckenridge »

Cars always have a way of developing a problem when the weather is the worst and the car is needed in short order. I am hoping I'll need a M44 tool soon so hopefully everything gets squared away!
1933 M91/30 Izhevsk laminate
1948 M44 Izhevsk
1955 M44 Romanian
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Winter cold kills everything, just ask the blown engine in my Town Car outside.
Theodore Roosevelt
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I swapped this engine/trans into this one from a running wrecked one only 1300 miles ago. It's a bit more than an occasional drip, we drove it about 70 miles today and it went through two quarts at highway speed, which was how I noticed it, in town it just drips and doesn't make it back onto the exhaust to smell things up. I've got a new radiator and ATX cooler lines sitting in the shop for it as well, dang thing will be all new by the time I get done with it.

No rust on this one at all, I bought it from a kid who's dad was the original owner, it came with EVERY receipt for anything that dad had done on it, I even have the original window sticker and the quality control paper from the factory in Illinois where it was built. I wanted a 95 as it doesn't have to have a smog check here, that started in 96, and my 96 had some computer issues that were specific to that year only where it doesn't store codes, so won't pass the inspection. Have to take it back to the dealer and have the computer flashed, rather than fix the problem Dodge put out a TSB on it, lifetime warranty to have it done... shoulda seen the service writer's eyes when I told him it was covered under warranty, on a car built in 96! lol