Ok, so I am a liar

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Ok, so I am a liar

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sounds like that soup Nazi guy the way they run the operation.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bb91

Post by bb91 »

SA1911a1 wrote:I slapped the plastic on Rguns. Now it is sit back and wait. IS IT HERE YET?
What did you get? Year? Arsenal?
whymecoyote

Post by whymecoyote »

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... OSIN9130PU

For 580 bucks? Is there a problem with these snipers?
"Savour the fruit of life, my young friends. It has a sweet taste when it is fresh from the vine. But don't live too long; for the taste grows bitter
...after a time..."
-- Kor
mrb7

Post by mrb7 »

Darn it. I've been trying to avoid this myself. Now you've gone and jacked me up again about it.

I'll be awake all night trying to figure out if I can explain it to my wife. She's hell bent for an AR before they get banned.

But I've got thousands of rounds of 7.63x54. And not one for an AR.
"The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

And there are bunches of other people in the same boat and that is why ammo is in short supply and costs a boatload too. That is also why I sold and AR off and I am looking for a PSL. I have enough 7.62x54r and not much 223. Bill :o
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

whymecoyote wrote:http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... OSIN9130PU

For 580 bucks? Is there a problem with these snipers?
There are questions about their past that remain unanswered to our satisfaction, or even at all. The Molot company is a known producer of repop sniper's and sniper parts in the past, and some lack faith in this brand. They are a Russian company possibly putting old snipers together, we just don't know, and for now are not endorsing or condemning them, you takes your chances on your own. R guns snipers have been authenticated, there are no question's about what they are, they are a refurbished Soviet PU from the stash in Ukraine, absolutely the real deal and you will pay a bit more for that piece of mind.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

You know this little discussion points out to me how much we have to more or less take the word of importers and supposed experts in what we are collecting these days. We really know not what is still in storage over in the former Soviet Union or what will make it out of there or be destroyed by the UN mandates. The advancing World Order will unfortunately determine that for us. Heck of a situation isn't it? I have stayed away from snipers for the very reasons I stated above and the fact that the post and reticle system of sights won't work well with my old eyes. I have a couple of examples but I find they have not been shot in several years. I sold off one last year too. Complicating forces like Molot come onto the scene and more or less point out the fact we may have been for years buying examples made by other sources of weapons for the unschooled US market. I have seen many apparent new marks on refurbs for years and wondered how that mark can look so fresh after supposed storage for many years? What do I believe? I just don't know but the thought of many years of fraud really sticks in my mind. Bill :?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Can't go by that Bill, I have a Arisaka type 38 that was pulled out of a Tokyo arsenal in 1945, the mum ground right there in front of the GI who brought it home, and that mark looks as fresh today as if I just did it.
Theodore Roosevelt
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

martin08 wrote:Image
I don't think you guys are helping :lol:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

We don't try and spread the disease, buy more Mosins, buy more Mosins it just seems to happen somehow :devil2:
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Subliminal Effect Huh :chuckles: :chuckles: Bill :lol: