1st Mosin, 3rd gun.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
hoshow

Re: 1st Mosin, 3rd gun.

Post by hoshow »

The Mosins have so many types and variations that they always end up multiplying :lol:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

A C&R FFL helps the process move along much quicker :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:A C&R FFL helps the process move along much quicker :)
It sure has with me :lol:. The current gun madness has forced me to step back a bit, but once it cools down and prices return to a reasonable state, I will be looking again :biggrin:
ModelAUZI

Post by ModelAUZI »

What they say here is true. After a few posts I'm on my way back to a show to buy another one. Don't listen to these guys it will cost you. :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
- Ted Nugent
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:devil2:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

ModelAUZI wrote:What they say here is true. After a few posts I'm on my way back to a show to buy another one. Don't listen to these guys it will cost you. :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
Whether we advise him well or not, the Mosinitis will take hold and become an obsession anyway :big shock:
KJProX

Post by KJProX »

Ha,ha you guys, just hold on I haven't even shot this one yet. :D

But having said that I found out a guy here at work has one and he hasn't shot it, only bought as a prop for a movie he was going to make. I mentioned that I might be interested in buying it from him down the road if he's interested. :roll: Just planting the seed and don't want to seem too interested. :biggrin:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No rule has it that you must shoot what you collect :)
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

There could be a law in texas or arizona that the citizens must shoot 100 rds per yer .... :shock: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
KJProX

Post by KJProX »

An update: After a long winter here I finally got a chance today to shoot this Mosin for the first time today. WOW!! Talk about a fun gun to shoot, everyone else that I let shoot it agreed also. Told them if they wanted one they better get one quick before it's too late. :D

So far I've resisted buying another one, most have been too expensive at gun shows, i did find some M44's for $140 and now wishing I had bought one. :roll:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You should have bought one at that price ! Fun shooting aren't they :)
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I figured you would several more and be getting low on furniture. It's a good thing you didn't shoot it sooner.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I figured you would several more and be getting low on furniture. It's a good thing you didn't shoot it sooner.