Prices at local gun show

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
trkmnymkr

Prices at local gun show

Post by trkmnymkr »

Went to a local gun show this morning in search of ammo if the price wasn't too bad. I was SHOCKED to see what they are gouging people for. Worst I saw was 250rds of cheapie wolf 762x39 for $200! 300rd spam cans of the Russian 54r on strippers for $139/can. Holy smokes fellas, I sincerely hope this isn't the new norm. :vconfused: :vconfused: :vconfused:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Prices at local gun show

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They can stuff it up their ass before I am paying that, this is why I invested heavily in reloading gear years back in anticipation of this crap.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
JayPoc

Post by JayPoc »

trkmnymkr wrote:Went to a local gun show this morning in search of ammo if the price wasn't too bad. I was SHOCKED to see what they are gouging people for. Worst I saw was 250rds of cheapie wolf 762x39 for $200! 300rd spam cans of the Russian 54r on strippers for $139/can. Holy smokes fellas, I sincerely hope this isn't the new norm. :vconfused: :vconfused: :vconfused:
Nope....I fear the new norm will be A LOT worse....both in terms of price, and availability. Makes me wonder if Comrade Barry isn't hording some for his own personal gain...
trkmnymkr

Post by trkmnymkr »

This whole ban thing and the govt' is starting to get me really worried. I heard so many rumors and heresay at the show its disturbing. What in the world is everyones plan when worse comes to worse??? Am I alone in the thought that the yo-ho's on the coasts make the rules that us "hillbillies" out here in the "sticks" have to follow? :vconfused: :vconfused: :vconfused:
JayPoc

Post by JayPoc »

trkmnymkr wrote:This whole ban thing and the govt' is starting to get me really worried. I heard so many rumors and heresay at the show its disturbing. What in the world is everyones plan when worse comes to worse??? Am I alone in the thought that the yo-ho's on the coasts make the rules that us "hillbillies" out here in the "sticks" have to follow? :vconfused: :vconfused: :vconfused:
Nah...no worries. Just tell me which volume(s) of paperwork I have to fill out and where to send the tax so I can pass down a rifle to my son... :vsad:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Their are very few gun or ammo sellers that are not taking advantage of the current situation. You have a choice to buy or not buy. Unless you absolutely need a particular firearm or ammo don't buy it. This will pass and prices will settle down, good or bad. The best thing you can do is to remember who these gougers were and never buy from them again.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Hot tar, bag of feathers, fence rail, the road out of town...........
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
warhawk77

Post by warhawk77 »

A few weeks ago at the local show I saw 7.62x54r ammo going for $140 a tin.

Craziest thing I saw a AK47 with a price tag of $900. It looked like crap I wouldn't have given $300 but somebody bought it.

I'm praying the prices come back down but I'm not sure so I'm grabbing up any "deal" I find.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have heard of AK's selling for a great deal more than that of late.
Theodore Roosevelt
trkmnymkr

Post by trkmnymkr »

Yeah, saw a Romanian WASR in 5.45 with an asking of 1295 and it was gone when I made my way back around to the door. Dunhams had those junky things less than a year ago at 449 on sale. Shoulda bought a few then. Could have sold or traded a few for the K98 sniper he had 2700 on. S-42 code rifle with skull and crossbones. :big shock: :big shock: :big shock: Ugh...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Never buy a German sniper rifle without making yourself an expert on the subject first. These have been faked for years, and especially when they have SS deaths head markings.
Theodore Roosevelt