Mosins on TV

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
ModelAUZI

Mosins on TV

Post by ModelAUZI »

I'm watching Doomsday Preppers and this guy had a pile of weapons one was a Mosin. I just saw sticky bolt!! Two of the girls were shooting it. :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
- Ted Nugent
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Mosins on TV

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Send him a message and tell him how to solve the sticky bolt .
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Siam

Post by Siam »

One of those was using an SKS.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

will have to watch for a rerun of it. :|
VelocityKnives

Post by VelocityKnives »

Hey,

I watch that show every Tuesday,,,,,, actually if ya look close they had 2 Mosin 91/30s, although they were only shooting one of them, but when they were walking up to his (CASTLE) two girls ( nice looking by the way) were carrying the Mosins,,,and a SKS,, they also had a single barrel shotgun and an AK,, looked like a WSAR

Regards,
AL
Weapons:

91/30 1943 Mosin Counterbore
91/30 1943 Mosin
.22 Marlin 25N Rifle
.22 Ruger Mark 3 Slabside competition
CZ40B .40 s/w
Taurus PT-92AF 9mm
Iver Johnson 16ga single shot Champion Model
SKS Chinese Security Force 7.62x39
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I never saw the show, spend most of my time on the Military channel.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Live_2_Ride

Post by Live_2_Ride »

My youngest daughter and I watch it. NatGeo seems to try to portray most of the preppers as whack jobs. They have the preppers state one potential disaster they're preparing for, then, at the end, the "experts" state how slim the odds are of that disaster happening. Not sure why anyone would spend 10's or 100's of thousands of dollars prepping, then tell the world what they've done. The main point to me is that it gets you thinking about the "what if" scenario and how well or not you're prepared. In other words, JYD: you've missed nothing!
JayPoc

Post by JayPoc »

Holy cow...I watched the show, and didn't even notice. Of course, at the time I was listening more than watching because I was busy reading and posting here. How's that for irony...
Veers57

Post by Veers57 »

I've been watching Lost with my girlfriend (she's a big fan) and in Season 3, one of the Others has a Mosin Nagant 91/30. It's neat seeing the characters carry it. However when the Other Mikail shoots Sayid in the arm, Sayid acts like it's nothing. I feel a 7.62x54r in the arm would hurt alot and the bullet would go all the way through. The episode has Mikail, an ex Soviet field medic, pull the bullet out of Sayid's arm.
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I have a friend who is a Viet Nam vet, he was a sniper and is for his current SWAT team the shot from the Mosin would have passed through the arm but as he states..." the ballistics of the 7.62X54R round cause it to tumble immediately after initial impact with bone causing a lot of damage." This is why he chooses to carry his 91/30 as a back up to his dept issued Remington 70. So needless to say they would not have been pulling the bullet out of Say id's arm and he'd never have full use of the arm after. If you are to believe the ballistics knowledge of an old sniper and not Hollywood.
As they say the pen is mightier than the sword...however that also means the pen is far more dangerous than the sword. The sword can take your life or your limb but can not take your freedom, the pen can. A wary patriot watches the pen as it can steal his freedom. The wary patriot knows he can use the pen to take power from those who wish to use the pen for evil, but keeps his rifle close by his side "just in case"!
Veers57

Post by Veers57 »

That's what I figured with the ballistics of the 7.62x54r round. Even if it doesn't kill you or cause you to bleed out, it will still cause some serious long term damage. However most gun stuff goes out of the window along with physics with Hollywood. But Lost is special since the Island is special, considering the place has mystic powers or something.

After watching that episode, I took my girlfriend shooting and showed her how powerful the rifle really is. She didn't want to shoot it because of the noise. She wanted to stick with the .22lrs. Don't blame her since she's still new to guns. At least she supports my hobby and interests and even got me a recoil pad for Christmas.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sounds like she got HERself a recoil pad for christmas... :thumbsup: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BostonMike

Post by BostonMike »

If SHTF, I'm not sure I'd carry a mosin....especially if I have to go mobile.

But if need be, I'd take my m44

But that's a topic for a different board.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
ModelAUZI

Post by ModelAUZI »

A Mosin full of Cosmo is perfect for burying in the yard.
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
- Ted Nugent