Mosin crate

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
warhawk77

Mosin crate

Post by warhawk77 »

Is there anywhere that sales the mosin crates? I'm talking the wood box.

I would really like to order a crate full from someplace but I don't have $2,000 sitting around. But if I can find a care I will just fill it up over the next year or so.

If any place does sale them what is a ball park price?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Mosin crate

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The selling is not the issue, any of the big sellers like J&G or AIM would sell you one, maybe even give you one, it's the shipping. These have to go truck ship, they are too large and heavy for UPS, it would cost money, and require loading on a truck, this takes time and the places that have the crates don't want to bother. About the only way I know that they will bother is if you buy 20 rifles at once and they will ship it in the crate, because then they save money on packing.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

They are available in Lancaster, Ohio. About 15 miles east of Columbus Ohio. They do no do internet sales, or ship. But if you can drive there, they have them for sale.
Cat
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

They use to give them away at gun shows so when they were empty they wouldn't have to bring them back to the shop. The idiots started giving them money and bingo they got another thing they could sell. If there is a refurb dealer at a show ask if you can lay claim to his soon to be empty crate and maybe he will say yes. The early bird gets the worm here so keep that in mind! Bill
warhawk77

Post by warhawk77 »

catcracker wrote:They are available in Lancaster, Ohio. About 15 miles east of Columbus Ohio. They do no do internet sales, or ship. But if you can drive there, they have them for sale.
Cat

I'm about two hours from there I might have to drive over one day. Thanks for that info.

I wish we had a dealer in the area that might have them but the local guys don't deal in the older stuff. I will start asking at gun shows maybe I will get lucky.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good luck :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

If you can drive a reasonable distance GET ONE! They are great for storage!!! :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

M39's..
:thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

warhawk77 wrote:
catcracker wrote:They are available in Lancaster, Ohio. About 15 miles east of Columbus Ohio. They do no do internet sales, or ship. But if you can drive there, they have them for sale.
Cat

I'm about two hours from there I might have to drive over one day. Thanks for that info.

I wish we had a dealer in the area that might have them but the local guys don't deal in the older stuff. I will start asking at gun shows maybe I will get lucky.
I used to live in Lima, Ohio. So I know the drive isn't too bad. Have them reserve one for you first. They don't always have one empty. But they are willing to set one aside for you.
warhawk77

Post by warhawk77 »

Do you have the name of the dealer? That would make finding the right place in the phone book easier.
Geek

Post by Geek »

Does anyone sell full crates at this time? Also, what does one of these weight when full?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

There was at least one company offering full crates last year, but I have forgotten the name. Call Century ( if you have an FFL) and ask them if they will do it.
Theodore Roosevelt
dou44

Post by dou44 »

classic arms were selling by the crate but are not right now.you could keep checking their web page to see when they get more back in if they do.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Probably ran low on rifles and had to open the crates.
Theodore Roosevelt
Slow Ride

Post by Slow Ride »

AIM in Middletown, Ohio sold me one for $5 and even helped me load it in the truck. Things are a lot heavier than they look.
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

is it Ohio Valley Outdoors ?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Slow Ride wrote:AIM in Middletown, Ohio sold me one for $5 and even helped me load it in the truck. Things are a lot heavier than they look.
Tell me about it, I near blew a gut dragging it inside. Now add 20 rifles and see how heavy they are :)
Theodore Roosevelt
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

They do weigh just a bit, :chuckles: :chuckles: I tossed mine on the rack on the back if my Wrangler and believe me it looked a tad weird driving home :chuckles: :chuckles:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"