Since it's the end of the world!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bb91

Since it's the end of the world!

Post by bb91 »

Guy's, in a somewhat usual fashion(and in the spirit of Longcolt44's thread) I just wanted to make sure that I wished you all a Merry Christmas!

Damn Mayan calender! :lol: Whew! had me shook for a minute! :roll:

Happy Holidays everybody!
Xmas tree.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bb91 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Since it's the end of the world!

Post by Jumperwire »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Merry Christmas to you too :biggrin: :biggrin:
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Hey now you know we don't condone any perminant mods ;)

Kidding :lol: merry christmas!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
TopperT

Post by TopperT »

Hey SANTA! Just stick that beauty under my tree anytime!!!
"GO AND SMELL THE MOSINS"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Merry Christmas :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Shouldn't a real christmas tree M24 actually have candles and not lights? :beek: Terrible that you modified it. :?
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Silk#2

Post by Silk#2 »

Merry Christmas!!!!! BTW the eclipse doesn't happen until 10:40 pm est I think.... :big shock: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The 8
Augmister

Post by Augmister »

Those ARE water colors, n'est pas? :)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

We still have a few hours to go before the day is officialy over and it's the 22nd. Not safe yet.
Theodore Roosevelt
TrainWreck

Post by TrainWreck »

I thought it might be the end last night about 21:00. Wind was blowing about 35 mph and it was raining hard. lights flickered a dozen times and then went out. My first thought was "Damn Mayans can't get it right. They're 3 hours early". Power came back on at about 00:45. Problem was a tree blown down across the lines. :thumbsup:
One lawyer with a pen can steal more than 100 soldiers with guns. -- Adolf Hitler
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Had a lot of that around here in the wee hours last night, but the power stayed on.
Theodore Roosevelt
finloq

Post by finloq »

It's only 8PM here on the West Coast. California might still fall into the ocean. Then Jerry Brown can add another new tax.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Saw that happen in that movie, the ocean, not the tax thing.
Theodore Roosevelt
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

JYD, I remember a photo that you posted of a group of mosins stacked up together in a pyramid. Add some snow, garland and lights to them and they would make a great christmas tree. :D
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Great idea, but that involves dragging five 91/30's out into the woods in snow were there are no trails, dragging 700 yards of power cord or a 120 pound power genny, plus the lights. It would take an entire day, I would freeze, hmmmmm.....let me think on that....done..no :)
Theodore Roosevelt
bb91

Post by bb91 »

desdem12 wrote::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Shouldn't a real christmas tree M24 actually have candles and not lights? :beek: Terrible that you modified it. :?
Desdem, you trying to burn down my computer? :lol:
finloq wrote:It's only 8PM here on the West Coast. California might still fall into the ocean. Then Jerry Brown can add another new tax.
Finloq, it looks like we survived! someone said that if the Mayans were so smart...... they'd still be here! :o

Now to go to all my friends and family and beg for my stuff back! :roll: :chuckles:
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Great idea, but that involves dragging five 91/30's out into the woods in snow were there are no trails, dragging 700 yards of power cord or a 120 pound power genny, plus the lights. It would take an entire day, I would freeze, hmmmmm.....let me think on that....done..no :)
That's where someone well versed in the intricacies of photoshop would come in handy. :D
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
evildog

Post by evildog »

Cool pic.. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Silk#2

Post by Silk#2 »

well....here is a thought...the sun is 93 million miles away..the milky way edge is 1000 light years from earth..why would we be so silly and think we would feel the effect of the eclipse the moment it happened?? i would think it would take time to get here...just sayin.... :beek: :chuckles:
The 8