New pix of 91/30 w/Laminated stock

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
scribbler

New pix of 91/30 w/Laminated stock

Post by scribbler »

The hook is set .. I just bought two more 91/30's and these have laminated stocks..love em!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Re: New pix of 91/30 w/Laminated stock

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet :vcool: :vcool: I don't know why but all the laminate ones seem to have EPed numbers. I have a hex one and it is EP'd as well
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice lookin' rifles 8-) 8-) 8-)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I love those stocks. I only have one laminate on a M38. I need one of those. Of course I say that for everything I don't have yet. :D yep I'm an addict.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Nice looking rifles! Great find...congrats!
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Fletch48

Post by Fletch48 »

I don’t have a laminate yet, defiantly on my list. Love the way they look. :D
“Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly and for the same reason.”
target

Post by target »

One of my Laminates has Electro-numbers as well, My other does not though. I wonder if the reason for this is because the laminate stocks were done late in the Refurb process (late 60s early 70s), No way of actually knowing a guess but still.

Great looking rifles. The late 30s are a favorite of mine.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Everyone is buying in multiples lately! Seems like a great idea. Your laminates look fantastic.
Tula Neil

Post by Tula Neil »

Very nice :vcool: :vcool:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Yup really nice rifles. I like the laminate stocks too. Nice touch. I really hate the importer marks I'm seeing on all of these rifles. They look like crap, poorly done. The ones on my new guns are not even readable on most of them. I wish they didn't have to do that.
target

Post by target »

I really don't mind import marks that much. But I will say the mark that Rguns used on the Lugers they got in a little while ago is the best one ive ever seen. In order to see it you have to angle it towards the light. It's almost like a holographic import mark. Took me a good while to even find it, I actually thought they missed mine! In my opinion importers should start using that style.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

target wrote:I really don't mind import marks that much. But I will say the mark that Rguns used on the Lugers they got in a little while ago is the best one ive ever seen. In order to see it you have to angle it towards the light. It's almost like a holographic import mark. Took me a good while to even find it, I actually thought they missed mine! In my opinion importers should start using that style.
Four of the 6 guns I just got from AIM came from RGuns and they're the worst ones I've seen so far. They look like they were done with a small jackhammer. They're ugly and mostly unreadable. Look at the 5th picture here for the first gun. http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... f=5&t=1333 The next gun in the thread has a picture of the one on that gun too. It's also from RGuns. The next gun is from TGI and it's not much better. I bought all of these guns from AIM but they all came from RGuns and TGI. I guess they must be doing a different kind of mark on the pistols.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Looking good. I love those laminated stocks. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"