How many times do you shoot a year?

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
andrewd41

Re: How many times do you shoot a year?

Post by andrewd41 »

Once a week if the weather is good. I don't like indoor ranges. Only have 25 yard indoor ranges around here and they don't like big guns . We shoot about 200 rounds between the two of us. At 15 cents a shot its afun day
sapistolero

Post by sapistolero »

Usually try to go once a month with my busy scheduale. Never know what it will be....pistols....rifles but shooting we will go.
finloq

Post by finloq »

6-9 times a year. 20-30 rounds per time, I shoot for accuracy. The closest that I have to a spray and pray, is an M1 rifle. The rest are mostly bolt actions.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

"spraying and praying" with a .30-06 can get expensive real fast.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Not enough!! :cry:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
MarksmanTim

Post by MarksmanTim »

I also have a range in my back property, good for 200 yards. I shoot whenever I feel like it and schedule allows. In the summer daylight months this means 3-4 times a week at a minimum. In the dark winter months, maybe once a week on the weekend. I don't get home from work until after dark during the week during those times.

I shoot anywhere from 10 to 100+ rounds depending on what I take out with me. Sometimes in the summer I spend half the day on my range and fire almost all of my weapons. I don't do that often though because it is a PITA cleaning 5-6 rifles/carbines afterword!
Tim

Favorites of the collection:
1909 Ex-Cossack M91/38
1929 SIG M28 non updated
husker51

Post by husker51 »

I probably average about once a month. Just happens to be more of a "Whenever I can" type thing. :)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
7point62

Post by 7point62 »

I've lost count. I've started making less trips to the range but shooting more when I go. I used to go pretty frequently but only a shoot 20 or so 30 cal rounds and maybe 50-100 .22s.

I shoot my larger calibers much more than I used to because I have developed reduced ammunition that consequently costs significantly less. For example, not counting the costs of brass, I'm shooting my one and only mosin (m39) for 23 cents per shot :biggrin: :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I remember bitching long and loudly about the cost of shooting my US M1903 at .25 a round back in the day. Oh if I had only known.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
notabiker

Post by notabiker »

here in commie land [ so cal] i can shoot year round. i go the the range about every 3 weeks. my FAV rifle to shoot . my 1955 Romanian M-44. i just cant leave it home.the action,trigger and accuracy are special. it would be the last rifle i would ever part with.
Groundpounder

Post by Groundpounder »

The more I'm stressed the more I shoot. I ran through a 440 round can in the last 2 weeks in 3 trips to the range. Everyone in my firm shoots indoor pistol and I get out about twice a week for that. I have several hi-cap 9MM and I used to get in and out with 50 rounds, then about a year ago I bought a Stoeger .45. The most comfortable ACP I've ever had, but the damn thing eats 150 rounds every time I go. It's like plinking at .29 a round. I'm trying to cut back, but the UMC boxes are 250 rounds so a new box feels like you have all the ammo in the world, then it's freaking empty. Gotta start reloading...
Never pick a fight with an old man.
If he's too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.
- J Steinbeck
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

When I feel stress coming on I go out back and shoot the trash barrel with my .357, there's a lot of air holes in that drum now, but that helps it burn better :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Spermgewehr

Post by Spermgewehr »

2-3 times a week. Either in the desert plinking or running drills or run-n-guns with AK or AR and a sidearm; at the outdoor range zeroing a new rifle or optic and shooting some handgun, or wandering around on some state land blasting critters.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

or wandering around on some state land blasting critters

:bellylaugh: :slap: :bellylaugh: :bellylaugh: :slap:
Theodore Roosevelt
sheepdog

Post by sheepdog »

Two or three times a month. Pistols 50 to 150 rounds, 40 to 60 through one of the Mausers, 100 or so through the AK or SKS. My wife is starting to get into it so it's costing me more but I did tell her for now she's shooting nothing but the Hi Standard 22. :roll:
Real gun control is the ability to hit the target.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That's the problem with the AK, too dam easy to blast away hundreds of dollars worth of ammo in a few hours.
Theodore Roosevelt