Mosin Sources disappearing???

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Augmister

Re: Mosin Sources disappearing???

Post by Augmister »

WeldonHunter wrote:Speak of the devil. AIM has them back in stock. 235 of them as I type this. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=90
Gone! Hmmm, that didn't take long!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

235 of anything isn't much when you have 480,000 people wanting one :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
evildog

Post by evildog »

Holy Cow! Went to Dunham's midnight black friday sale and you should have seen the people running to the gun area!! I watched the guy in front of me grab the two hex receiver mosins i was wanting but did score another 39 Tula for the heck of it. At $89 why not.
So while standing in the line to the counter waiting to get one i started asking guys around me what they were looking for. Guess what everyone was after.....Mosin's because of the $89 price tag. Funny part was only one guy bought any ammo for them as the had spam cans of light ball for $99 on sale.
If was funny and sad as i watched each one go out the door as i overheard alot of them saying it was going to bubba'd up :big shock: or if it doesn't shoot good to dump it at a gun show :beek: . Funniest part was when as they are all covered in greasy sludge they try and look down the end of the barrel to see if the rifling was good as most i get from there are gummed up with grease in the barrel or they were trying to find one with a better stock that wasn't "chipped" as one guy said.
Looking back i should have been the first on in and ran to the back and saved all of them by saying "i'll take them all"!!!! :chuckles:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Well maybe all hope isn't lost. I just received AIMs emailer and they've put a notice that the M44s are coming. No idea when or how much but if you sign up to be notified they'll email you when they come in. I would think they'll go fast depending on how many they get. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... dium=email
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

awesome, wonder what they're gonna charge ..
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jayrocka1200 wrote:awesome, wonder what they're gonna charge ..
As much as they think they can squeeze out of you, they read these forums also and see how badly you wnat one. :twisted:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
jayrocka1200 wrote:awesome, wonder what they're gonna charge ..
As much as they think they can squeeze out of you, they read these forums also and see how badly you wnat one. :twisted:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :big shock: :big shock: :big shock:
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

I will only pay 199.99 for one of these and everyone is with me ! (hope it works)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

But I only paid $80 for mine, both of them, :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Augmister

Post by Augmister »

WeldonHunter wrote:Well maybe all hope isn't lost. I just received AIMs emailer and they've put a notice that the M44s are coming. No idea when or how much but if you sign up to be notified they'll email you when they come in. I would think they'll go fast depending on how many they get. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... dium=email
FFL and C&R only....F***...... :angry4:
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:But I only paid $80 for mine, both of them, :)
yeah I joined the party a little late :angry4: better late than never I guess....How are outfits like AIM or anybody for that matter getting enough of these m44's to sell ? seems like they are just rare enough where not one outfit would have that many
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Augmister wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote:Well maybe all hope isn't lost. I just received AIMs emailer and they've put a notice that the M44s are coming. No idea when or how much but if you sign up to be notified they'll email you when they come in. I would think they'll go fast depending on how many they get. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... dium=email
FFL and C&R only....F***...... :angry4:
What?
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

jayrocka1200 wrote:
yeah I joined the party a little late :angry4: better late than never I guess....How are outfits like AIM or anybody for that matter getting enough of these m44's to sell ? seems like they are just rare enough where not one outfit would have that many
This one time I can say I did better than most. That's very rare since I started so late too. I bought my first Mosin Nagant 13 years ago for $69.99. I'm looking at the receipt right now. It was also a Polish M44. They had no idea they'd be so popular back then. Sad thing was neither did I. Then I found this place last year right about this time. Now I have 17 of them. How'd that happen? :roll:
Mike

Post by Mike »

jayrocka1200 wrote:I will only pay 199.99 for one of these and everyone is with me ! (hope it works)
My Pole was only $175, $150 seems like a fair price to me for a Russian. :biggrin:
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Mike wrote:
jayrocka1200 wrote:I will only pay 199.99 for one of these and everyone is with me ! (hope it works)
My Pole was only $175, $150 seems like a fair price to me for a Russian. :biggrin:
Last year they had a Black Friday sale and they sold them for $149.50 in a package deal with an M91/30 for $69.50. Then later in the year they had them again at $169.95. Here's some the pricing history for them (look down the page) by themselves from AIM http://gun-deals.com/displaydeal.php?dealid=1066 and this is the package deal they ran. http://gun-deals.com/displaydeal.php?dealid=10669 I wouldn't look for them to be less than $169.95.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

jayrocka1200 wrote:
They are getting them out of stockpiles they set aside years back for sale at a later date when prices would be higher.
Theodore Roosevelt
neorebel

Post by neorebel »

It shows them as sold out now.

J&G has some still.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They only let loose of small amounts at a time because they know there will be bigger profits in selling them a year from now.
Theodore Roosevelt
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

Mike wrote:
yeah sounds good to me Mike :D

I think weve built up enough of a buzz for them to charge 300 now lol
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

neorebel wrote:It shows them as sold out now.

J&G has some still.
We're talking about AIM's anouncement today that they're getting some Russian M44s soon. This: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... arch=F3M44