$100 find

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
dou44

$100 find

Post by dou44 »

picked this all matching rifle up from a guy i know.i talked him out of making it into a deer rifle .i told him he could buy a rifle from a pawn shop with a scope cheaper than messing this one up. he had $100 in it so i gave him his money back. it has a navy sling on it and a new looking bore . what i liked is it is a older import and i could not find any rebuild marks on the metal or stock. rifle just has the went to war look that i like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BuckeyeSgt

Re: $100 find

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Cool deal. Maybe a Polish sling?? Green paint on the buckle.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desert drifter

Post by desert drifter »

nice one, thanks for posting the pictures too.

'drif
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Well how bout that. Awesome
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The red shellac is a refurb trademark, sometimes they left the refurb marks off. Import stamp would make it a more recent import, not SCW. First year for the round Izhevsk, good deal, it's a nice rifle.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Thanks for saving that old soldier! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I think that is a hell of a deal. It looks great and you stopped bubba. That is worth $200 to me right there. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Cool deal. Maybe a Polish sling?? Green paint on the buckle.
Yep that's what I would think too. The sling on my Polish M44 looks like that only difference is the dog collar buckles are green too. Nice save dou.

:thumbsup:
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice find and nice save!
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
dou44

Post by dou44 »

i hope to take it to the range in acouple of days to try it out. now all i need is a 336 tula hex to go with it.
swoop85

Post by swoop85 »

:biggrin: :biggrin: 8-)
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

very nice rifle and a good save. not a bad price either.
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Cool one of the first roundy's :vcool: :vcool: I like the look. :thumbsup:

Red
ModelAUZI

Post by ModelAUZI »

Any time you get a rifle for 100 bucks it's a good deal. Good job talking him out of making it a deer rifle. Wait it is a deer rifle!!! :beek: :beek: :beek: Unless you have to have a scope to make it one. :biggrin: :biggrin: Nice deal on your er... deer rifle.
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."
- Ted Nugent
shmlnaaa

Post by shmlnaaa »

I'm not 100% sure about the stock (I cannot recall when the finger reliefs for rear barrel band removal were started, but check to see if the fonts on the buttplate number is the EXACT same as the barrel shank and bolt to confirm at least some degree of originality), but from what I see on the metal and the bolt number, this appears to be original. The metal finish looks right 9a little hard to judge in the pictures though), the bolt and barrel shank fonts match, and the rear sight base doesn't have the cross pins added.

Yes, even pre-war Soviet rifles had the "ugly" shellac stock finish from the factory, you just hardly ever see any non-post war refurbs with it because of how much use most saw.

$100 was a good price.
Simo

Post by Simo »

Nice dark stock :thumbsup:
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Rear sight base looks like it wasn't pinned. Nice
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
martin08

Post by martin08 »

No "ghosting" of the serial numbers, so it looks like it's been reblued. But no major refurbishment there. For $100, it would be sitting in my vault, for sure. Nice one!
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
1934hexreceiver

Post by 1934hexreceiver »

How can you tell it's a navy sling?
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Way to Go Dou
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi