Help ID a casing please

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
mrb7

Help ID a casing please

Post by mrb7 »

My buddy found a brass casing at a state park. It's apparently a .50 cal round, and the head stamps are "M" on the top and "43" on the bottom. Found it about 25 miles from a Naval Air Station.

No other discernible marking.

I'll get a picture in a few minutes.

MB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.
desdem12

Re: Help ID a casing please

Post by desdem12 »

How about a side shot. Is hard to tell from that one if it is a x54R, Or do you know that already? :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Looks like Milwaukee Ordnance Plant. http://www.nebraskaaircrash.com/50caliber.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice. I am not sure how you know all the stuff you do but you is alot smarter then me. :lol: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

desdem12 wrote:Nice. I am not sure how you know all the stuff you do but you is alot smarter then me. :lol: :thumbsup:
Heh, I can't remember anything Brad. I'd be lost without google, lol. :chuckles:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I missed the part where it said it was a 50 caliber. I even read it. :ugeek: I need new glasses. (of course i was not wearing them) :lol:
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

WeldonHunter wrote:Looks like Milwaukee Ordnance Plant. http://www.nebraskaaircrash.com/50caliber.html
Mike, I'm impressed.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

etprescottazusa91 wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote:Looks like Milwaukee Ordnance Plant. http://www.nebraskaaircrash.com/50caliber.html
Mike, I'm impressed.

Thank you , thank you all...I'll be here all week. :bow: <----------Closest one to taking a bow.
mrb7

Post by mrb7 »

I'll get a couple more pictures tomorrow. No idea if there are more or if it has been laying there in isolation for a long time.

Being a state park one would think it's picked over pretty well.
"The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Metal detector time :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt