So did anyone else...

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Mike

Re: So did anyone else...

Post by Mike »

Hawk99TA wrote:
Mike wrote:I went to Walmart at lunchtime and bought ammo, an AR and an AK will be bought shortly, just in case....
That's my kind of lunch break! Lol. What AR did you get?
I didn't get it yet but I have my eye on the Smith & Wesson M&P.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
Mike

Post by Mike »

mogunner wrote:
In reality I don't see Obama attempting it. He's lame duck, he has nothing to gain from the Brady Bunch, and he more than likely realizes it would open a huge can of worms. If anything I see him trying to limit extended capacity magazines and limit ammunition. While we have the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, he could argue that nowhere does it say we should have 5k rounds of ammo at hand.
If I got down to 5K I'd start getting all twitchy. :chuckles:
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The US has a long history of civil disobedience going back century's, our own War of Independence from the British started 19 April 1775 in a fight that started when the British attempted to take possession of firearms and other munitions stockpiled by the militias. Look what happened when booze was outlawed, look what happens daily with the war on drugs. Look at any part of this country were firearms are outlawed or heavily restricted, Booze flowed more than ever, drugs of every kind are readily available despite a multi trillion dollar drug war, and guns can be had on the black market if you want one bad enough and are willing to pay. I am sure some would turn in their guns, more would turn in some and hide others, and I strongly suspect the majority would simply hide them, or commence to use them. If you are going to stockpile and stash weapons beyond what you have for recreation by all means do so. I highly commend you for having the foresight to do so, however also be smart enough to keep a low profile when buying ( spread it out) and never speak of it to anyone.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

What guns??? Oh, I lost them in a boating accident on the river last summer...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yea, me too, I am a terrible boater, ****** thing sang out on the water someplace with all my guns and ammo on it. Were? I don't know, I can't navigate too good either :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Terrible barn fire here. Got so hot even the nails melted and turned to dust. Yup terrible fire that one. Oh and I'd love to smack that woman in the video in the back of her strange hairdo.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
mrb7

Post by mrb7 »

WeldonHunter wrote:Terrible barn fire here. Got so hot even the nails melted and turned to dust. Yup terrible fire that one. Oh and I'd love to smack that woman in the video in the back of her strange hairdo.

Hey, I have pictures of my barn fire, the damage report from the fire department, and the newspaper reports of the six VFDs responding.

I had a really terrible barn fire, and the entire contents were a loss.

All I've got left are a couple of rusty old rifles that I guess I'll give them when the time comes. So they can check me off the list as a cooperator.
"The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I gave them all to your guys yesterday when they came by.....those were your guys weren't they? They said they were, they had papers , but they looked a lot bigger and meaner than you ....
Theodore Roosevelt
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-win-u-backs ... 45288.html

I knew it wouldn't take long. I'll continue what I've been doing the past four years...
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Just keep buying guns and ammo and don't worry about what you have no control over, you vote, that's what you can do, you write letters to your representatives, and you keep buying guns and ammo.
Theodore Roosevelt
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Yea, I cheaped out, got a been fired 3 times Marlin 795 still in the box, with the box of 47 rounds, for 90bucks this morning. Well, ok the wife got it. :D It was traded in because it jammed up I'm told, 99.9% chance the seller didn't clean/lube prior to firing, I can't find anything wrong with it..
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I haven't needed the last four administrations to prompt me into buying guns or being prepared. In the last storm people were running around to get over to the stores and grab some food in case the blackouts closed them, then stood on gas lines for days. I didn't need to care about that, I got five cases of spam under the bed, I'm not going to go hungry in a week long blackout even in the unlikely event the stores stayed closed, and I keep full gas cans on hand all the time.
Theodore Roosevelt
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I haven't needed the last four administrations to prompt me into buying guns or being prepared. In the last storm people were running around to get over to the stores and grab some food in case the blackouts closed them, then stood on gas lines for days. I didn't need to care about that, I got five cases of spam under the bed, I'm not going to go hungry in a week long blackout even in the unlikely event the stores stayed closed, and I keep full gas cans on hand all the time.
I hear you. Five cases of Spam? That's a lot of Spam burgers!!! :shock: I agree with you on the past four administrations. Obama's first election prompted me to go ahead and get my concealed carry permit before they try to lock those down.

I have several full gas cans, portable propane grill, propane stove, propane lanterns, a couple of old oil lanterns, spare propane for days, 30,000 btu propane heater, a fireplace and plenty of cut wood and wood to cut, canned goods for a solid two to three weeks if not longer, plenty of ammo, plenty of camping gear, plenty of fishing rods and gear and my wife just rolls her eyes at me and calls me an "alarmist". I tell her when the shit hits the fan she'll be glad a country boy can survive. I don't even think she realizes that if we went through a week without power that we'd be at least warm and not starving. Next thing on my to do list is to pick up a good generator.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have a lot more than the spam of course :) But that is the easiest to prepare, or just eat out of the can if need be. The Chinese generators are cheap, and they work, but when you need repair you will wish you had gone with a name brand. Generac, Honda, Coleman, Onan, and so on. A couple of weeks is a good start on the food stash, but you should consider bulking that up to a few months at least. Go heavy on things like rifle in bulk sacks stashed in air tight plastic buckets, beans, and so on, don't forget important stuff like toilet paper. Someplace here, or in the old forum archives we had a thread on this subject.
Theodore Roosevelt
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I have a lot more than the spam of course :) But that is the easiest to prepare, or just eat out of the can if need be. The Chinese generators are cheap, and they work, but when you need repair you will wish you had gone with a name brand. Generac, Honda, Coleman, Onan, and so on. A couple of weeks is a good start on the food stash, but you should consider bulking that up to a few months at least. Go heavy on things like rifle in bulk sacks stashed in air tight plastic buckets, beans, and so on, don't forget important stuff like toilet paper. Someplace here, or in the old forum archives we had a thread on this subject.
I hear you on the Chinese stuff. I'm the manager of a motorcycle and ATV shop and I see the problems with the Chinese stuff everyday. The biggest problem is not only are they made cheap, but lack of support and parts. Here today and gone tomorrow. When I buy a generator it's going to be a Honda hands down.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Right now in parts of New York and Jersey were you could double your money on a Honda Generator.
Theodore Roosevelt
iwuzwhatiwuz

Post by iwuzwhatiwuz »

A friend of mine bought me a AR the day after the election with the understanding that I can pay him back over the next 6 months. Now I just need a way to pay him and get a couple thousand rds of ammo; 9mm, 7.62x54r, .223/5.56 and 12ga shells... Oh and a AMD-65 and 2k of 7.62x39... Anybody have a spare $3K? :wink:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sure, the vig is 25% per hundred per week, the vig payable weekly until the full balance is paid off :devil2:
Theodore Roosevelt
iwuzwhatiwuz

Post by iwuzwhatiwuz »

Tempting... Do you take Monopoly money?