So did anyone else...

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: So did anyone else...

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No, I buy guns all the time, I don't need any special excuses :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I sort of bought a gun today. J&G billed my credit card and shipped my SKS today, although I ordered it last week. I am thinking about placing an order for ammo tonight just in case.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

I hate election years. I can't wait for the panic to subside so I can find an empty parking space at my local LGS again. :lol:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yes, I know what you mean.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
howitzer

Post by howitzer »

I'm in canada but I've been following your guys election for a few days now...its a great excuse to get together with my buddies and have a few drinks haha. Is there some new law mitt or obama is trying to inpose on you guys for your guns?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nothing specific, but Obama is no friend of gun owners.
Theodore Roosevelt
howitzer

Post by howitzer »

Doesn't sound as bad as here in Ontario...because we had a gang shooting at the mall in toronto...and then a retarded wanna be gang banger shot up a neighbourhood street party..killing 2 people...they now want to ban handguns for everyone. Makes me so annoyed, why the hell should I loose gun privileges because some kid decides to kill 2 people. How about we start banning all these immigrants from rough countries into our country. like we need more of them...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

We have similar problems here.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Fortunately we have the 2nd Ammendment slowing down the liberals and their lawyers.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yes, Canada, Australia, and the UK had no such provision protecting the citizens rights
Theodore Roosevelt
desert drifter

Post by desert drifter »

Well it looks like the counting is about done. About all I'll do is buy a couple of Spam cans.

'drif
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

bunkysdad wrote:Fortunately we have the 2nd Ammendment slowing down the liberals and their lawyers.
Maybe...had.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Mike

Post by Mike »

I went to Walmart at lunchtime and bought ammo, an AR and an AK will be bought shortly, just in case....
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good plan.
Theodore Roosevelt
Driveshaft

Post by Driveshaft »

I was planning on getting my c&r but don't think I will now. Why buy milsurps for uncle Sam to cut up like they did in Australia.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2
12 ga. Parker Bros., Ruger SR9 9mm, S&W third model 5shot.38, Savage model 110 .270, Savage MkII G .22, Beretta U22 .22, Mosin Nagant 91/30 1937 "Izhevsk" 7.62X54R
Ban-One

Post by Ban-One »

They cut up private owners rifles in Australia? :shock: Tell me more. Was it some kind of government buy-back program or did they just expect everyone to turn in their firearms?
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

I haven't gone nuts with the ammo yet. Just don't have the funds to do it right now. It sucks. I did pick up a rifle the day before the election. It wasn't because of the election though. I had been paying on it for a few months and just so happen to pick it up that day :)
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I've shipped quite a few Mosin sight tools to Australia, so they're still around but more expensive than here. You won't see anything on the old moldy guns, it would be the AK's and AR's that they target first.

In reality I don't see Obama attempting it. He's lame duck, he has nothing to gain from the Brady Bunch, and he more than likely realizes it would open a huge can of worms. If anything I see him trying to limit extended capacity magazines and limit ammunition. While we have the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, he could argue that nowhere does it say we should have 5k rounds of ammo at hand.
target

Post by target »

I don't do the panic buying thing because people need to realize we just end up hurting ourselves by driving up prices and making us look like paranoid crazies.
Driveshaft

Post by Driveshaft »

Ban-One wrote:They cut up private owners rifles in Australia? :shock: Tell me more. Was it some kind of government buy-back program or did they just expect everyone to turn in their firearms?
When it first happened I believe it was a buy back program. Here is a video of what they did in 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vpRzZl12xQ
12 ga. Parker Bros., Ruger SR9 9mm, S&W third model 5shot.38, Savage model 110 .270, Savage MkII G .22, Beretta U22 .22, Mosin Nagant 91/30 1937 "Izhevsk" 7.62X54R