My First Semi-Auto!

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
howitzer

My First Semi-Auto!

Post by howitzer »

I picked this up a couple days ago...it's the first gun I've actually bought myself and not found laying around my home. It's a Mossberg 715 flat top .22lr

Reason i got a .22 is because right now..I don't have $1500 to throw in for a 5.56 AR-15...and for Target shooting and what not this gun is perfect for me. I'm liking the 500 rounds for 20 dollars plan.

Haven't taken the gun out to shoot yet but I'm hoping to this week. Been customizing it a little and hoping to order in some sights...grips and what not next week.

Anyone else have experience with one of these? Image
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: My First Semi-Auto!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

This one no, the AR yes,the AR is just a more powerful .22 :) Nice rifle :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Nice looking rifle howitzer,if you don't mind me asking?about how much does a 22LR like yours cost and what is a good place to look for them? Thanks for showing yours,JGC
howitzer

Post by howitzer »

I got this at Gangnon Sports...I live In toronto canada...and with taxes and a box of 500 .22lr rounds..it came to like $400ish
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Thanks for the info howitzer,I have a 15 yr. old nephew with a birthday coming soon and I think your rifle would be just the thing for him..
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Dang, I paid $320 for my 7.62x39 Saiga...only a hundred more and I coulda had a .22? :chuckles:

Looks nice, have to give us a range report on it. Can't beat a .22 for just spending a whole day out shooting though, I have an Armscor M1600 that's their attempt to make a .22 that looks like the AR platform, lots of fun and accurate too! :thumbsup:
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

Let us know how it shoots. I've been thinking about something like that.

JB
howitzer

Post by howitzer »

Jolly Green Chopper wrote:Thanks for the info howitzer,I have a 15 yr. old nephew with a birthday coming soon and I think your rifle would be just the thing for him..
he would love it...doesn't really have a kick so it will be easy for him to shoot, and the looks cool factor for him as well. not to mention it can use almost all mods you could put on an ar. minus the pistol grip.