First of my new 91/30's 1942 year

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Tula Neil

First of my new 91/30's 1942 year

Post by Tula Neil »

Hi.
Been allowed to add to my collection of 7.62x54r only by 2 though :D It had to be Tula of course :vcool:
It's your standard refurb with forced matched numbers, very good bore,once it was cleaned & counter bored, put 10 shots through her spot on target.

Last edited by Tula Neil on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: First of my new 91/30's 1942 year

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice one Neil, I take it that the non Soviet markings are import, or some sort of proof mark? To bad more US importers can't take the time to match bayonets to rifles. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tula Neil

Post by Tula Neil »

Hi JYD
Thanks..
Yes I posted the pictures in the unknown marks section, and then did an internet search and found they are German Nitro and Munich Proof House stamps, So I think this has spent time in Germany before arriving in the UK. As it happens the other one I have bought has the same marks, pictures to be posted soon, 1925 Tula ex dragoon..
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yes, I heard something about the German proof requirements on one of the black powder forums, every imported firearm has to be tested and pass their own proof test. I guess the Germans have some trust issues with other country's proof test requirements. This must add to the cost of the rifle, but at least the stamps they use don't look that bad. Here in the US there is no standardized import mark, long as there is one the government is satisfied, every importer comes up with their own, and some and both huge and ugly
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tula Neil

Post by Tula Neil »

We have a similar system here, imported/un proofed or action-bolt/barrel work has or should go through the proof house test system, this has a cost to it.. They test with a few maximum charged rounds, if it stays together then it gets a proof stamp. As we are part of EU then German proof marks are ok. As this was already proofed I did not have to pay extra, cost was at todays exchange rate $220 ish..for the rifle.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice one Neil. I bought a 42 Tula a while back and it is the best shooter. :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I like it. A nice package for sure.
Tula Neil

Post by Tula Neil »

Thanks for the comments, when i collected it from the seller the bore looked green, almost like it had not been cleaned for years. Took it to the range put 10 shots down range all on target as it happens, then spent almost 5 hours cleaning the bore, now its bright shiney with strong rifling, slugged it as well .311. Well happy this has the makings to be a good shooter :clap:
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Looks like a winner to me! Congrats
John 8:12
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
popgun

Post by popgun »

seen stamped in pic. 7.62mm russ.was this normal for german imports? nice mosin. will give address where to send it to me. popgun :pop: :pop: :pop: :popgun:
Tula Neil

Post by Tula Neil »

Hi :popgun:
In ansewer to your question 7.62 russ, I think it may have been done so it would not be confused with the Nato 7.62x51...(51/54) might look the same if not stamped well. Only info found on web pages still doing more searches....Thanks for the comment..

I do like your new pop gun by the way.

Er sorry unable to ship to the US :bwink:
popgun

Post by popgun »

thank dolk he new i needed a new mosin. popgun :pop: :popgun: :popgun: :pop:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

popgun wrote:thank dolk he new i needed a new mosin. popgun :pop: :popgun: :popgun: :pop:
Yeah he's good that way. Always looking out for us. I guess we'll keep him. ;)
popgun

Post by popgun »

okay keep! popgun :pop: :pop: :popgun:
popgun

Post by popgun »

THANK YOU ALL! thought i was done falllllll!!! popgun :popgun: :popgun: :popgun: :pop: :pop: