Another CZ 52

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
desdem12

Another CZ 52

Post by desdem12 »

I got this from a store that made me an offer i could not refuse. Evreything is like it is brand new. New barrel new firing pin and rollers and the slide and frame are crisp and unmarked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Ironnewt

Re: Another CZ 52

Post by Ironnewt »

What kind of finish does that fine looking pistol have?
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I'm not sure what you call it but it is kind of like a gray parkerized type. It will show a little holster wear if it has been used alot at the muzzle usually.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
dou44

Post by dou44 »

they are great guns,if you see a 52 dated one you should buy it because they are hard to find. it tooki me 2 years to find mine. the cz52 was only made from 52-54
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice Dou. I have 2 53s. This one is just so nice and it was $200 OTD so i bought it. The other one has a holster and stuff. I still have about 1500 rds for these. :biggrin:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

These pistols are a must have if you can find one. My brother had this one at the pawn shop. We hadn't ever talked about them, but he had a feeling I might like it, so he set it up on the counter when I came in the shop, kind of half hidden, half exposed. I always scan the counters, walls, corners, shelves, etc...when I visit and he knew that. So he figured it was just a matter of time before I scoped it out. He knew he had me when I hollered oh, oh, oh oh oh! What do we have here? He was a little impressed when I called it by model number, and I was impressed when he let me have it for 140 bucks! It came with the standard grips, and I put these black grips on it for a wider grip hold. Thanks longcolt44 for the nice grips.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Like the grips and the price is crazy. These are up to bottom price of $250 around here and more then not $300. I have a M57 and 2 of these and i like the cz better. :D
dou44

Post by dou44 »

back years ago when i bought the first one they were around $89. i had another 53 but sold it to a friend not long ago.i still have acouple of cases of ammo for it but my pps43 uses the same round.my phote edit does not work anymore so i will have to buy another photo shop for the pc.= to get smaller pictures
Bingo

Post by Bingo »

I bought one just because I have passed on so many guns that were later to become real collector items. Got a half a case of ammo and 3 mags to go with it. Still in the box and someday I will even take it out and shoot it! It sits with my Luger and P38 and also two 9mm Stars that I bought just because the price was right. As of now only the Luger ($125.00) and the P38($89.95) have really gone up in value. The 52 has a certain look about it that challenges you to mess with it! The other guns were bought before the 1968 gun law was passed and I had a part time job at Hunters Lodge/Inter Arms in VA.
Bingo
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice. I have been trying to run into a star 9mm largo for a long time and have yet to find one. I figured they should be everywhere and at about $150-$200, but not to be. Have not seen a Super A or a B anywhere. :roll:
Blueliner

Post by Blueliner »

Love the CZ52. I do not have one but do have the replacement, CZ82. That one is like an extension of my hand with a natural aim whenever I pick it up. The Czechs know how to build them, that is for sure.
whymecoyote

Post by whymecoyote »

I got a CZ-52 for 300 dollars plus 25 dollars FF L transfer fee. I have spent the last two weeks perfecting my reloading technique for it. I may have a way to go yet :) It may be the only handgun I have used that I can hit something with. There are some unissued CZ 52's for sale on the Internet. I will post the link if it is allowed on this forum.
"Savour the fruit of life, my young friends. It has a sweet taste when it is fresh from the vine. But don't live too long; for the taste grows bitter
...after a time..."
-- Kor
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

You can post links as long as it is not for an auction that is going on at that moment. After it has sold you can post. I have seen the unissued ones and they are nice. What problems are you having on the reloading for these? :D
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

desdem12 wrote:I'm not sure what you call it but it is kind of like a gray parkerized type. It will show a little holster wear if it has been used alot at the muzzle usually.
The grey parkerized guns are original, that was the finish originally applied when first manufactured. The guns that are blued have been rebuilt. Nice looking CZ 52 original for sure. :thumbsup:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Burrhead

Post by Burrhead »

I have one of these and have my eye on another for $249.95 but I would have to do a lay away and take some time getting it out, but I agree they are well built weapons.
whymecoyote

Post by whymecoyote »

I am new to reloading and crushed a few cases and did not have the right powder at first. In fact I may still be searching for the right powder. I am using unique and have to almost fill up the case for it to cycle. 85 gr bullets, .308 diameter, 6 grains of unique. The gun throws the brass so far that I may give in and shoot surplus since I have to buy new brass :-)
"Savour the fruit of life, my young friends. It has a sweet taste when it is fresh from the vine. But don't live too long; for the taste grows bitter
...after a time..."
-- Kor
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I have some .309 bullets for this gun. I can't remember what grain but i think it is 90, and is hornady. I believe the original surplus is .309, at least for the tok.
I looked for my load data but i could not find it. I have not tried to reload for them and am still buying surplus when i can. :D
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I bought a couple of the chamber adaptors to shoot these In the Mosin rifles. I haven't tried them yet.
whymecoyote

Post by whymecoyote »

I think the CZ-52 is great and congratulate you on your purchase. I could not keep myself from posting a picture of my own. The link is where I bought it.

http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/products/vz-52/
...after a time..."
-- Kor
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Pictures are always welcome. :thumbsup: Nice CZ. I bought a M57 as my first C&R a few years ago now and later found a CZ after looking for about 8 or 9 months. Now they are everywhere but the prices are a tad higher. I have shot both and prefer the CZ over the yugo. :D