Canada V USA

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Simo

Re: Canada V USA

Post by Simo »

Groundpounder wrote:I'm from Pittsburgh originally, the only place we can make fun of is Buffalo.
what part of pittsburgh? I'm from mckees rocks.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
fenceline

Post by fenceline »

Exporting the firearm from Canada wouldn't be a problem. Importing it into the states would be.
Groundpounder

Post by Groundpounder »

Eddystone06 wrote:
Groundpounder wrote:I'm from Pittsburgh originally, the only place we can make fun of is Buffalo.
what part of pittsburgh? I'm from mckees rocks.
Hazelwood down off of 2nd Ave.
Never pick a fight with an old man.
If he's too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.
- J Steinbeck
Hobe Sound Falcon

Post by Hobe Sound Falcon »

Come On! Guys! Have you forgot about MARSTAR? They are a Norinco Importer! :attn:
RMXC51

Post by RMXC51 »

Most of our current Russian surplus is actually coming from warehouses in the Ukraine. All good stuff though. One hotly debated topic here is the selling of "original" Mosin sniper rifles. A whole bunch hit the market recently, and some dealers are selling them as reproductions using original parts, while others are trying to sell them as authentic. Russian say that any original Russian Mosin sniper is considered a national treasure and can't be sold. But maybe the Ukranians got ahold of some and don't feel the same way...
Somewhere in Canada
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The very reason I am not recommending the new batch of PU's to anybody, you want a real PU then go to R Guns and pay the grand they will bang you for it. I don't collect snipers so I don't much give a crap how much they charge because I ain't buying, I have one that came my way by accident, it's heritage is without question, and I called that part of the collection done and good. The arguments over the latest crop of fake snipers will continue into the next century but I have already grown tired of it.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Hobe Sound wrote:Come On! Guys! Have you forgot about MARSTAR? They are a Norinco Importer! :attn:
I wish they would at least allow the Norinco rimfire rifles into the U.S., I have a Norinco JW-15 .22 and would like to get the JW-15A and the KKW "Mauser trainer" cheap.
I know, wish in one hand and "something" in the other, which fills first. :lol:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Hobe Sound Falcon

I had sent an Email to them asking if they could sell Chinese SKS and AK Stocks and Handguard Sets. They told me They can get anything I want from China. Havent Tried them Yet. Paul .
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have some spare AK stock parts for the Chinese AK's , is this stuff hard to get now, I haven't checked since 1990 when I swapped out the Maddi's wood for an East German stock.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Hobe Sound Falcon

Depends on the Item. That Red/Brown Fiberglass Set off the Sidefolder is always hard to find, and overpriced when you do. Paul
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I was sorting a box of old junk this morning when a gas cylinder and forend wood with a new in the tape buttplate setup fell out. It's AK stuff I bought years back for that project, I don't know if the buttstock is still around, but it probably is. Just plain Chinese wood.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Canada is kind of like an attic. You get up there, and you say to yourself, "Wow, I forgot all this crap was up here."
1926 91/30 Izhevsk hex
1943 91/30 Izhevsk round (2)
1917 Remington M91 hex (sporterized)
Finn without a stock
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol: The Canadians are gonna love hearing that!
Theodore Roosevelt
Simo

Post by Simo »

the prices are cheaper because they are current imports, just like here in the 90's.

I would love to move to Canada, they are anti-communist and their people are allowed money.

Canada is the new America!

The US is being starved into a believe system that will end up with only one hungry and poor class and a picture of obama required in every home.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Junk Yard Dog wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: The Canadians are gonna love hearing that!
I tell my Canadian friends that as much as I can! :lol:
1926 91/30 Izhevsk hex
1943 91/30 Izhevsk round (2)
1917 Remington M91 hex (sporterized)
Finn without a stock
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

While it sounds good and everything, the currents prices we face here and the goal set to obtain each firearm I get, is probably a blessing in disguise. There has to be checks and balances in place to keep from going crazy.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I was born an American, I will live as an American, and die an American, my people fought to build this nation, if there needs to be more fighting to preserve it once again then so be it, count me in once the fun starts.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Man, Jim I am with you there my brother! Truer words could not be spoken. Red, white, and blue through and through.
Hobe Sound Falcon

Here is the Link: www.marstar.ca Paul
Simo

Post by Simo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I was born an American, I will live as an American, and die an American, my people fought to build this nation, if there needs to be more fighting to preserve it once again then so be it, count me in once the fun starts.
its already too late, the pink slip has been signed over. its hopeless Komrade.