IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jayrocka1200

Re: IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!

Post by jayrocka1200 »

yeah I was trying to decide on buying an m38 at this past weekends gun show and the guy selling them said something that pushed me over the edge. He said something like do the things you love now , you don't wanna look back and regret not doing something ....namely buying the gun he was trying to sell me ! lol but him saying that made a lot of sense to me and made me realize just buy the damn gun I was looking at for a half hour......so I did !
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good for you :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

FFL, congrats!
I have been Californicated over ten years by these millionair seat holders, now, and no,I will not go there I will rather pay my dues That's all! ......and Arizona is only 2 hours away....and I cannot move there for the next 5 years, work-wise and mortgage-wise, darn.

:beek: :big shock: :Drool1: :Drool1:

We have friends over there, but that does not help much, ok, no politics here, but believe me :I am angry :devil2: :angry4: :pointleft:
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
Tinstar

Post by Tinstar »

zeebill wrote:I wish you a large bank account to start with, a large safe to keep them in safely and responsibly, a surely divorce free marraige, no inspections when you least want them, error free logbooks when they come, the common sense to know there is real value in quality versus numbers, and a smile at the end of your first audit. :D Bill
Well, gee...thanks...I think!? :?
Tinstar

Post by Tinstar »

Starshina wrote:If you ever run in to legal trouble, which currently includes some misdemeanors, there is no way to protect your collection. You don't have to be convicted before they will come for your guns, only arrested and charged. I would never buy a gun that I have to register. I don't anticipate being arrested, but it doesn't take much. Even a fight with a spouse can do it and that's in effect over a lifetime. I know most of you will disagree, but I heard too many horror stories to ignore that possibility. I would rather pay a transfer fee, then have that Trojan Horse.
I'm a retired Federal Agent...36 years of law enforcement, security, and investigations. I'm not the least bit worried.
Tinstar

Post by Tinstar »

Starshina wrote:If you ever run in to legal trouble, which currently includes some misdemeanors, there is no way to protect your collection. You don't have to be convicted before they will come for your guns, only arrested and charged. I would never buy a gun that I have to register. I don't anticipate being arrested, but it doesn't take much. Even a fight with a spouse can do it and that's in effect over a lifetime. I know most of you will disagree, but I heard too many horror stories to ignore that possibility. I would rather pay a transfer fee, then have that Trojan Horse.
By the way...what do you think that you're doing when you pay the transfer fee and fill out that paperwork? Believe me, unless you buy from a private party, your guns are registered!
Tinstar

Post by Tinstar »

hudson29 wrote:Great news on the new C&R. I have been waiting for mine for four weeks or so and am glad to hear they are still sending them out. What are you going to buy first?
I'm not sure. I just bought another rifle and a Nagant pistol...didn't have the patience to wait. Looking at the Walther P38.
Tinstar

Post by Tinstar »

bunkysdad wrote:No need to live in fear. Fear only fear itself, and enjoy your hobby. Congrats!
Amen to that!
Starshina

Post by Starshina »

Tinstar wrote: By the way...what do you think that you're doing when you pay the transfer fee and fill out that paperwork? Believe me, unless you buy from a private party, your guns are registered!
How will they prove I have anything if they are not supposed to have that information?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Every transfer that runs through an FFL is in their bound book, and unlike a C&R when a 01 FFL closes up shop they must turn in that book to BATFE. A C&R is not required to keep the bound book once the license expires. That 4477 form you fill out is in the dealers files, the background check he must phone in before letting you have the weapon is information that is not supposed to be kept, yet again and again we hear that it has been for whatever the reason. A smart gun seller who sells a firearm privately makes sure to get the buying party's name and address, license plate number. I get all of these things when I sell a commercial sporter ( I don't part with milsurps) I do this because if that weapon turns up at a crime scene I am gonna hunt that Mother****** down like an animal and make him wish the sun never came up on the day he was born into this world.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Starshina

Post by Starshina »

This is why they can't legaly use information they have on the books for the purpose we are talking about. It's in the section on registry prohibition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Ow ... ection_Act
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nevertheless, the ATF Firearms Tracing System (FTS) contains hundreds of millions of firearm tracing and registration records, and consists of several databases:

There is always a caviat. They can always say there is a reason and make it a law and tell you later or just do it for their own gain. The above quote is from your link.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

If you worry too much about this shit then your gonna have a heart attack, just get the licence and buy a pile of guns and have fun.
Theodore Roosevelt
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Make sure you don't sign the original. You have to make copies of it and sign each of the copies every time you use it.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Use blue ink to sign a black copy, dealers appreciate this as they can see quickly that you signed it.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tinstar

Post by Tinstar »

Good conversation here guys and some good helpful hints. Thank you.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Starshina wrote:
polymerase2 wrote:I think some states are a little more "take your guns" happy than others. Plus I have a few guns that i had before my C&R that are not on anyones list. (legally bought).
One advantage in the C&R is you get access to the pricing in some wholesalers like SOG.
I can't live in fear of the gummint. Most of my C&R are old bolt action rifles, and a few semiauto pistols. The only thing I have that is over 10 rounds is the CZ-82 with 12.
I just renewed mine yesterday so I'll still continue with it.
But, I really understand that some of you think the ATF is a little scary, and you are guilty even if you are proven innocent :beek:
This has nothing to do with fear of the government or hating ATF. It's a standard procedure when someone is charged with a crime or order of protection is issued, his FFL is pulled and all of his firearms have to be surrendered. If anyone doesn't believe me, call BATF and ask.
The person just charged doesn't even have to have an FFL and they will still take your weapons if a protection order is issued. The enforcement of this varies depending on the local police or law enforcement agencies. Not a good situation to begim with and if you are charged you better make the guns disappear and fast and quietly. Bill :o
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Everybody I know has something stashed away already.
Theodore Roosevelt
Starshina

Post by Starshina »

zeebill wrote: The person just charged doesn't even have to have an FFL and they will still take your weapons if a protection order is issued. The enforcement of this varies depending on the local police or law enforcement agencies. Not a good situation to begim with and if you are charged you better make the guns disappear and fast and quietly. Bill :o
Only if they know you have firearms. That was the whole point, how to prevent them from knowing.
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Congratulations on getting your C&R so quickly. I am going on 6 weeks waiting for mine, but I knew it could take a few months when I mailed the paperwork so it's all good.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus