IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Tinstar

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!

Post by Tinstar »

Yes...it's here! My C&R FFL came in the mail yesterday and I have been busy emailing it to various C&R dealers. I feel my wallet getting lighter as I type this! Took a little over three weeks, but I was expecting it to take longer due to all the stuff that BATFE has been dealing with lately. I am thrilled to have this and the money I will save on my very first purchase will pay for the license! It's all gravy for the next three years! No more trips downtown to my FFL guy, no more paying for the transfer and background checks, saving on gas as the big brown truck will be pulling up to my door...can you see the grin on my face?! :biggrin:
zeebill

Re: IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!

Post by zeebill »

I wish you a large bank account to start with, a large safe to keep them in safely and responsibly, a surely divorce free marraige, no inspections when you least want them, error free logbooks when they come, the common sense to know there is real value in quality versus numbers, and a smile at the end of your first audit. :D Bill
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

Congrats on the C & R. :thumbsup:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Keep good paperwork and there is nothing to fear from an inspection if ever you have one.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Just be careful, it can get you in trouble if you go nuts. Ask me how I know. :big shock:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have absolutely no idea what you could mean :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

Since there is no vaccine for Mosinitus, a C&R will leave you with no natural immunogenic defense against the irresistible urge to buy more and more Mosin-Nagants even using your childs shoe money for ammo. Good luck! :chuckles:and congratulations, JGC
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Hey, at least it's better than a gambling addiction, at the end you have something to show for it :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Starshina

Post by Starshina »

If you ever run in to legal trouble, which currently includes some misdemeanors, there is no way to protect your collection. You don't have to be convicted before they will come for your guns, only arrested and charged. I would never buy a gun that I have to register. I don't anticipate being arrested, but it doesn't take much. Even a fight with a spouse can do it and that's in effect over a lifetime. I know most of you will disagree, but I heard too many horror stories to ignore that possibility. I would rather pay a transfer fee, then have that Trojan Horse.
Last edited by Starshina on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
shmlnaaa

Post by shmlnaaa »

RIP, Tinstar's wallet
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

Great news on the new C&R. I have been waiting for mine for four weeks or so and am glad to hear they are still sending them out. What are you going to buy first?
Vintage Paul

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

Starshina wrote:If you ever run in to legal trouble, which currently includes some misdemeanors, there is no way to protect your collection. You don't have to be convicted before they will come for your guns, only arrested and charged. I would never buy a gun that I have to register. I don't anticipate being arrested, but it doesn't take much. Even a fight with a spouse can do it and that's in effect over a lifetime. I know most of you will disagree, but I heard too many horror stories to ignore that possibility. I would rather pay a transfer fee, then have that Trojan Horse.
This is something to keep in mind. I'm not at all sure that going through a regular FFL would provide any protection, at least here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia. Unless I am misinformed, ALL guns are registered and subject to confiscation should a legal issue arise. I would love to hear I have this wrong . . .
Vintage Paul

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

I think some states are a little more "take your guns" happy than others. Plus I have a few guns that i had before my C&R that are not on anyones list. (legally bought).
One advantage in the C&R is you get access to the pricing in some wholesalers like SOG.
I can't live in fear of the gummint. Most of my C&R are old bolt action rifles, and a few semiauto pistols. The only thing I have that is over 10 rounds is the CZ-82 with 12.
I just renewed mine yesterday so I'll still continue with it.
But, I really understand that some of you think the ATF is a little scary, and you are guilty even if you are proven innocent :beek:
We have met the enemy and he is us.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Your poor silly bastage, you think it is a good thing now........

Wait until Gunbroker starts sending you birthday cards, then tell me how it is working out for ya.... :D
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:clap: :toast: :toast: :hitsfan:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Starshina

Post by Starshina »

[quote="hudson29
This is something to keep in mind. I'm not at all sure that going through a regular FFL would provide any protection, at least here in the People's Republik of Kalifornia. Unless I am misinformed, ALL guns are registered and subject to confiscation should a legal issue arise. I would love to hear I have this wrong . . .[/quote]

I don't know about California law, but in most states you don't need to register a long gun and in many states you don't need to register a pistol. While every firearm you buy from an FFL dealer is traceable, they are not registered (at least that's what we are told). Unless the firearm is involved in a crime, it's not legal to trace it or for government to keep records of who owns what.
Starshina

Post by Starshina »

polymerase2 wrote:I think some states are a little more "take your guns" happy than others. Plus I have a few guns that i had before my C&R that are not on anyones list. (legally bought).
One advantage in the C&R is you get access to the pricing in some wholesalers like SOG.
I can't live in fear of the gummint. Most of my C&R are old bolt action rifles, and a few semiauto pistols. The only thing I have that is over 10 rounds is the CZ-82 with 12.
I just renewed mine yesterday so I'll still continue with it.
But, I really understand that some of you think the ATF is a little scary, and you are guilty even if you are proven innocent :beek:
This has nothing to do with fear of the government or hating ATF. It's a standard procedure when someone is charged with a crime or order of protection is issued, his FFL is pulled and all of his firearms have to be surrendered. If anyone doesn't believe me, call BATF and ask.
Last edited by Starshina on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayrocka1200

Post by jayrocka1200 »

Happy Birthday ! your'e broke ...xoxo Your 'friends' at Gunbroker
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

No need to live in fear. Fear only fear itself, and enjoy your hobby. Congrats!