I Did it now!! C&R License on the Way!!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
desdem12

Re: I Did it now!! C&R License on the Way!!

Post by desdem12 »

Yes you should send a copy or at least call them and see what they want. It used to be that you had to snail mail a signed copy. Now i am not sure what you need ot do. There likely is instructions on the sights if you search them. Like the how to buy or FAQ sections. The bound book i got from mogunners sight. Click on the elby sights and it will link you to the sight and then there is a book on there for about 5 or 6 bucks. If not you can get a sheet like it from the internet. Happy hunting and buying :thumbsup: :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BostonMike

Post by BostonMike »

The dealer discounts alone from midway and brownells make it well worth it. I've prob saved over $200 on stuff with my C&R.

I ordered my M44 from SOG with it....definitely was cool waiting for UPS to deliver me a rifle.

Just 1 question...does Ups know what's in the box? Is that declared?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I know my ups driver did. She waited to see one of them. She knew every time what it was but then maybe it ws from doing it alot. If it was to me she always knew it was ammo or rifles or pistols. :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Congrats!! I've bought eight guns this year and I don't even have my C&R. It would be financial suicide for me to get it. My CCH has already gotten me in trouble buying guns.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

The driver won't know whay it is. The boxes are not marked, as this could increase the chance of theft. Handguns typically go through overnight or priority mail and although they are declared the package is definitely not marked. I sent a clear picture of my license in a email attachment and many places are fine with it, or scan it and send it in a email, or mail it from the post office. I can just hear it now. Honey, what the heck is this old thing? Oh it's just a Brown Bess Flintlock I bought for the kids. :P:P
Tinstar

Post by Tinstar »

I wish you guys would lay off putting in for those C&R FFL's! No wonder it's taking ATF so long to get mine to me! :lol:
finloq

Post by finloq »

desdem12 wrote:Did they change it? All i had to do was give a copy to the chief of pol ice and that was it. They don't care what he does with it. I doubt if they checked me at all.
Yep, me too. I mailed a copy out and couldn't tell what, if anything, that they did with it. It is a courtesy. It gives the local CLEO a chance to contact the ATF if there is an ongoing investigation.

By the by, I go mine in 3 weeks. I hope that my renewal goes that fast, mine expires in January.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Renewals are not near as difficult as the original license, it's just a matter of pay the fee and tell us how many guns you bought with the license in the last three years.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
finloq

Post by finloq »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Renewals are not near as difficult as the original license, it's just a matter of pay the fee and tell us how many guns you bought with the license in the last three years.
Only 6 pages worth.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Only six? :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
finloq

Post by finloq »

You never asked: how many lines per page?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I just assumed a hundred :)
Theodore Roosevelt
finloq

Post by finloq »

Oh sure. I tell you, you tell my wife...why ARE you spending soo much time with my wife, Jim? Are you guys planning a surprise party for me?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

finloq wrote:Oh sure. I tell you, you tell my wife...why ARE you spending soo much time with my wife, Jim? Are you guys planning a surprise party for me?
When I did her only response was a bit odd, she didn't seem upset at all, just asked me were she could rent a wood chipper, you guys have some yard cleanup to do? :twisted:
Theodore Roosevelt