Family Guns on Nat Geo

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Family Guns on Nat Geo

Post by bunkysdad »

Did anyone watch episode 1 tonight of Family Guns on the National Geographic Channel? I only caught the last 15 minutes but it just might b a good show. It is a reality show based on the family business of IMA, or International Military Antiques. This is the comany that has the Nepalese Gahendra rifles in original condition. I set the dvr to record it at midnight while I am sleeping.
desdem12

Re: Family Guns on Nat Geo

Post by desdem12 »

I saw the commercial for it but thought it was on history channel, No wonder i could not find it. :lol: :oji:
Last edited by desdem12 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Ya, I caught a heads up from another forum. I thought it was pretty good. Way better than the other ones that are on. I just don't get having to blow up stuff. It was just once here at least. I want to see old guns and shooting. This was pretty close to that. Will be setting the DVR since I won't remember when it comes on. :lol:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

See, This is what happens when I no longer watch TV. I haven't had my TV hooked up to cable or an antenna in almost 3 years. Something decent comes along, Oh well. Maybe it will show up on You Tube.
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Three_Dogs wrote:See, This is what happens when I no longer watch TV. I haven't had my TV hooked up to cable or an antenna in almost 3 years. Something decent comes along, Oh well. Maybe it will show up on You Tube.
I don't blame you. I maybe watch stuff on 6 different channels. Of course you can't get just those. Oh and the wife couldn't survive without LifeTime. :lol: Cost a Mosin a month just for TV. I bet the whole cable/Sat stuff will be a way of the past in a few years. Dish can implode now since they took my AMC off. :D
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

It will also be on twice this Friday too. Thank You IMA for making something on collectors I don't have to appologize for or recant disclaimers. The shot where the Maxim is on a pallet behind the son is almost identical to the Maxim I have and it too came fro IMA many years ago. The fellow Chris bought the two snipers from, I think his name is Kaplan always has first class and high priced guns. I almost bought a Johnson rifle from him many moons ago. When I told my then Wife how much I was going to spend she threatened to kill me and I backed out. Today that rifle would be worth more than twice what I was going to pay for it. If I had known how that marriage was going to end up I would have bought that Johnson Rifle in a minute.

Great Thanks to IMA for what was so far the best by far of the gun shows on TV! Bill
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Son we can have all these pistols today for just $300,000 :) Now that is a classic! They were some nice flinters!
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Russell, they are the outfit I bought the Gehenderas from, they bought out the Nepal hoard along with Atlanta Cutlery.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

How bout the mint Springfield and Enfield authentic sniper rifles they bought at a gunshow for 6k. Beautiful. Made me think of Zeebill.:P
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yea, but with Bill we would never get to see them! They were nice rifles but they couldn't shoot them worth a dam.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Son we can have all these pistols today for just $300,000 :) Now that is a classic! They were some nice flinters!

Was that some wood carving or what? I would have really liked those maybe 25 years ago when I was deep into Black Powder but really now I would just enjoy seeing them and holding them and that would be it for me. The Old Man is really into those old pistols! I thoroughly enjoyed that and will rewatch it Friday when it is on twice. Bill :)
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

bunkysdad wrote:How bout the mint Springfield and Enfield authentic sniper rifles they bought at a gunshow for 6k. Beautiful. Made me think of Zeebill.:P

Not me anymore I don't have $6000 for them! I sure would like to have them though, pictures or none :chuckles:

Speaking of that this dang old computer is acting up again this AM. Locked up twice trying to post this. It is fine for weeks and then takes a powder and I have to go back and reboot the whole thing and start over. I was getting a virus every time I went over on Parallex Bill's site but they fixed that and then I started getting it from one particular part of Gun Boards. Man I had alarms going off all over the place and lately it had been fine but here we go again I guess. Bill :very mad:
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

bunkysdad wrote:How bout the mint Springfield and Enfield authentic sniper rifles they bought at a gunshow for 6k. Beautiful. Made me think of Zeebill.:P
See Bill! It wasn't just me that thought that might be you. :chuckles:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I tuned in to it by accident. I'll be tuning in to it on purpose from now on. I really liked the part where they were drooling all over those $6000.00 snipers and actually giving factual history and how mint, nice and rare they are. Then the kid said, "Let's go shoot them.". My kind of guys. Wonder what the retail on those are?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Talk about a contrast. On the last episode of American Guns a guy brought in a beautiful Springfield 1898 Krag. I tell you it was nice. It had belonged to his late granddad and every since he could remember his granddaddy had wanted to sporterize the gun but never did. Wyatt, the owner explained to him about the history and told him he would ruin the value, but the guy was persistent. I think they charged him 2500 bucks to kill his granddad's rifle. What they did to that Krag was nothing short of a abortion. That kind of television is not entertainment to me. It took me a week to even tell you guys about it.:cry:
dou44

Post by dou44 »

loved the show and i have allways had good luck with everything i have bought from them.would love to work for them.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You know, I don't think I saw them doing any actual work during the entire show other than set up for the gun show, and that's not work as it involves fondling guns.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tinstar

Post by Tinstar »

Saw it...liked it...will watch again!
target

Post by target »

I got my British Martini Henry from them. Loved the show and I am gonna be watching the whole season.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

target wrote:I got my British Martini Henry from them. Loved the show and I am gonna be watching the whole season.
I remember that rifle, it cleaned up real well .
Theodore Roosevelt