3 of my Finnish rifles- first video attempt

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

3 of my Finnish rifles- first video attempt

Post by bunkysdad »

I am kind of taking an interest in the video presentations that are getting popular around here. Watching your own video is a good way to see where improvements need to be made in communicating to others, and I need lots of practice. At least I can show you my 2 M91's and my 1938 Izhevsk together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOOzpeX ... ata_player
Three_Dogs

Re: 3 of my Finnish rifles- first video attempt

Post by Three_Dogs »

I love your Finns, Thanks for sharing with us those beautys... :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Well Russell, that was fine. I think you're right though. The lighting outside would show more detail. I can't take decent pictures inside most time. Either the flash is to bright and obliterates the subject or it's blurry. I've tried to do videos but my camera only makes avi movies and the file is huge. I'm looking into a way to convert them to mpeg or mp4.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

That was enjoyable. I like these videos, because I'm a lazy reader. :? :D
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

With rifles like that it would be impossible to make a bad presentation. Good job!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Great rifles Russell, and everybody give him a thumbs up on youtube for his first gun video :) Cameras need light to pick up the small details, I am still working on that myself. I have near 2000 watts of light inside with halogen lights rigged up and still I lose focus lock on the closeups sometimes. Other times it's too much light and the video looks washed out, that happened with one of the Victrola videos the other day. It took half an hour to upload so I wasn't going to do it over. Outside is fine with good sunlight, but I was roasting my ass doing it
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

Hey BD those are some nice finns, :Drool1: congrats on the first jump off of the video diving-board. It was a good presentation and you can
cover more rifles at one time. I just recently learned to post pics without the help of my son, now I see a whole new challenge coming into view.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I didn't realize that I stumbled through that for over 6 minutes! And it took forever to upload. I can't even imagine how long it takes Hickock45 to upload his super long ramble on forever videos! :lol:
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

Great job bunky that is a sweet set of rifles just gorgeous. I'll tell you what I started making YouTube videos a few years back recording my son on his modified power wheels I made for him and it was a lot of fun. I'm also a huge fan of Hickok45 and believe it or not he was the reason I got my first Mosin Nagant. I was thinking about purchasing a very good condition surplus 91/30 from budsgunshop.com and they had Hickok45s Mosin Nagant YouTube video on their sales page and after watching that I was like ..Ooo Yea! I'm getting me one of those today :lol: .little did I know it would turn into this. But as for my recent YouTube venture I've made quiet a few Beretta92fs and Sig522 gunsmith videos just for fun I really enjoy it. But since I got my first 91/30 I've been wanting to make videos with them but there is sooo many out there. But when I found this forum I was really excited to find real Mosin enthusiast! And I find that in a video compared to pictures and text you can more easily get a better look at the guns and you see more of a story than a picture can tell. I plan on doing many more videos in the near future and would like to do a collection video and more range videos. But like bunky said its amazing how long they get before you even realize it. I've said to myself before ok quick video and next thing I know its 20 minutes long. And depending on quality and size it can take forever to upload. Using WiFi or high-speed is only way.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet Trio. Love all those pincones. Nice vid. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

Hey bunky is that a Nagant revolver? I found two Tula revolvers at the same place I bought the M39 they are from CAI. I heard they are horribly inaccurate but guess should have one to include in collection I believe they are $129 . I shimmed one of my 91/30 triggers and worked well but I took them out didn't know about the bump stock test.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

great rifles,my camara has a video record on if if i could only find the cd to watch so i could learn how to use it and upload it. :thumbsup:
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

:thumbsup: : :bravo: Thanks for the pics and three is a bonus too!
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Great rifles Russell, and everybody give him a thumbs up on youtube for his first gun video :) Cameras need light to pick up the small details, I am still working on that myself. I have near 2000 watts of light inside with halogen lights rigged up and still I lose focus lock on the closeups sometimes. Other times it's too much light and the video looks washed out, that happened with one of the Victrola videos the other day. It took half an hour to upload so I wasn't going to do it over. Outside is fine with good sunlight, but I was roasting my ass doing it
So you guys are getting fairly large videos too I take it. I did a test video and it was not long at all and was something like 100mb if I remember correctly. My problem is I'm somewhat limited with my upload speed but I'm also on a metered amount of usage per day. I'm allowed 500mb per day and if I exceed that I get throttled to just about dialup speed until it's time to refresh my usage the next day. I've only had it happen once and that was when my mother was here and she was watching youtube videos. I do have a backup and that's tokens I have saved up I've never used that refresh my usage bank. I've used them once.
It's not all bad though. I'm on satalite and it's the only option for broadband here. They do have an open period at night between 2am and like 7am and it's unlimited usage and farly wide open speed. That's when I download my daily podcasts. I may have to make a video and try uploading it then. I'm not sure if they allow avi's though.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Thanks dice, that revolver is actually a black powder revolver, the Ruger Old Army. Speaking of Kickock45, I sure would like to borrow his shooting range. He has all kinds of things to shoot at. He has videos for all kinds of firearms, and I bet he gets free guns for doing the videos.
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

bunkysdad wrote:Thanks dice, that revolver is actually a black powder revolver, the Ruger Old Army. Speaking of Kickock45, I sure would like to borrow his shooting range. He has all kinds of things to shoot at. He has videos for all kinds of firearms, and I bet he gets free guns for doing the videos.
Yea hes one of the luckiest firearm owners I know. That range is right out his front door. Well again great video and I'd like to see more of your collection. :vcool:

Weldonhunter- pretty sure YouTube accepts avi format you can always do a quick Google search to confirm that but if not you can goto www.download.com and get a free AVI to mp4 format converter . I use my phone for all pictures and videos it is the HTC EVO 3D HD so its take both standard and 3D pictures and video. It's only 5MP but it takes decent video and pictures and it has dual cameras for 3D and dual flash. Having my phone allows me to usually upload directly to YouTube seamlessly. Only if I could just figure out how to post videos here I'd be ok. :vconfused:
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Way to go BD. Great rifles too. I guess the video is the way to go now. My camera does video but the only time I did one was with Erik and he downloaded it on You Tube, I think. Guess I better get with the program and try this out.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Mosin hats off to Bunky.
Good job.
:thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I rambled on for ten minutes in one video today, that one took at least an hour to load, I don't know for sure as I left to do some work outside and left it to it. At least it's automatic, I need do nothing but set it to uploading and then walk away. There are many videos and movies on youtube that are over an hour.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt