I Did it now!! C&R License on the Way!!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

I Did it now!! C&R License on the Way!!

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

Guys ,
I should have not listened to you all but I sent in my paperwork for my C&R license today!! :D

My wife was even with me when I mailed it from the post office,I just told her I was going to get some rifles to put up for the kids!! :wink: :wink: As long as I tell her everyone I get is for the kids everything will be cool. :vcool:

Now I have a built in excuse when the brown truck pulls in the house out of the blue!!

I have 3 milsurps now and I am sure several more will be on the way in the comming months.
ponycarman

Re: I Did it now!! C&R License on the Way!!

Post by ponycarman »

Haha Congrats! :thumbsup:
Last edited by ponycarman on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Oh you've gone and done it now. I like the strategy though. For the kids. Very good!
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Good for you. Don't bother puting your money in the bank, it won't be there that long.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Crap I keep spending my money on guns and don't even have a C&R yet. I may have to still get it so you guys don't get all the good stuff. :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

Oh MY! I won't even go there, I would be sleeping in my car soon,lol! :no evil: :bdh: :slap: :cry1: :kilgo:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Congratulations. I mailed mine a couple weeks ago. They cashed my check FAST, like within just a couple days. I hope they return the favor and send my license as quick.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

:clap: :clap: :clap: a few more soon to be broke people with angry wives :big shock: :chuckles:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Kyredneck

Post by Kyredneck »

Have had my C&R for 2 years now and Southern Ohio Gun LOVES ME for doing so!!! ABSOLUTLY GREAT when that UPS truck pulls up out front of your house!!!
Yay Though I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death With My 10mm, I Will Fear No Evil.
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

I just did this yesterday, something I should have done years ago. Now I join the waiting line like the rest of you. Please let us know when you hear from the folks who issue the license. I would be interested to know how long it takes.
Vintage Paul

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: hopefully not the months NY makes us wait.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote::vcool: :vcool: :vcool: hopefully not the months NY makes us wait.
This varies state to state? What would cause that?
Vintage Paul

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
Tennessee_Mosin

hudson29 wrote:I just did this yesterday, something I should have done years ago. Now I join the waiting line like the rest of you. Please let us know when you hear from the folks who issue the license. I would be interested to know how long it takes.
Junk Yard Dog wrote::vcool: :vcool: :vcool: hopefully not the months NY makes us wait.
I will keep you posted as soon as I hear from ATF.I hope I filled out the paperwork correctly,I did it all on the computer and then printed it out to mail.

I went to my local sherrif today and gave him his copy of the ATF forms he looked at it ran a background check and signed the papers and gave them back to it took about 20 minutes.

It really helps that I live in the 2nd largest county in Tennessee (land wise) but there is less than 10,000 people total in the entire county!! It helps to know the sheriff and deputies on a 1st name basis. :D

There is also only 3 State Troopers assigned to the entire county!!

I will keep you posted. :pop:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Did they change it? All i had to do was give a copy to the chief of pol ice and that was it. They don't care what he does with it. I doubt if they checked me at all. I do have a concealed permit though and i gave them a change of address FFL form too. The desk girl says she puts it on his desk and what he does with it no one knows.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
tinman507

Post by tinman507 »

Mailed mine in a little over 3 weeks ago and received it the other day almost exactly 3 weeks from when it was mailed in.
About 2 days later a huge package of Rules, Regs and assorted Fed paperwork arrived to go with it.
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work, because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation!
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

tinman507 wrote:Mailed mine in a little over 3 weeks ago and received it the other day almost exactly 3 weeks from when it was mailed in.
About 2 days later a huge package of Rules, Regs and assorted Fed paperwork arrived to go with it.
Three weeks ain't bad! I just mailed my copies to the BATF & Chief of Police. That is how I understood the directions.
Vintage Paul

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

hudson29 wrote:
This varies state to state? What would cause that?
Here in NY we have to have a home visit from a BATFE agent to explain the rules to us before the license will be issued.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tennessee_Mosin

Got my 03 license in the mail yesterday 18 days after I mailed the application to the ATF. :D

Now I am ready to start buying for my kids?!?! :wink: :wink: But all seriousness all of my guns will belong to them one day anyway.

Weldon--JYD what is the best book to get to record my C&R purchases and where/who is the best to order from?

1 more question I have been searching different online retailers like AIM etc to buy a few Milsurps from.Should I contact them and let them know I plan to purchase some rifles from them and go on and send a copy of my license where thay have it on file? Or should I just wait till I am ready to order and have it shipped?