I GOT MY FIRST FINN! A TIKKA GUNSHOW PICKUP(PICS ADDED)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I GOT MY FIRST FINN! A TIKKA GUNSHOW PICKUP(PICS ADDED)

Post by bunkysdad »

Well dang dice! You rolled a 7! A Tikka M91 at a refurb 91/30 price is what everyone dreams about. Remember on those barrel bands that when you turn them backwards, they do NOT come out. Just lossen them till the bands are spread enough to come off. You can find a small bottle of lemon oil in the furniture polish or cleaners section of most grocery stores or Walmart. Man, that stock is pretty. Can't wait to see better pictures.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Here is what I use, and I love this stuff!
http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jse ... z/13424637
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

bunkysdad wrote:Here is what I use, and I love this stuff!
http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jse ... z/13424637
Cool thanks I'm going to go by Wally World on my lunch break at work. Ok thanks for the advice to with the band's. Yes sir I'm really fond of the stock. It just needs a little rub with that oil. How often should I use that on the stock? My other 91/30s have the Russian schlac on them so I never do much to them but wipe em down with a barely damp cloth and my laminated stock has a very thick schlac on it that doesn't even scratch like the others so I'm pretty sure it'll survive a nuclear explosion but if you know a good product for the 91/30 stocks I can use I'd appreciate it. Thanks again
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

Teleoceras wrote::Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: Oh man, you got a great deal for that gorgeous M91! :thumbsup:

The VKT was an M39 if it had the pistol grip stock.
I'm pretty sure it did have a pistol grip but at $349 way past my budget. It's a local gin shop though and they have 2 so I may go see if I can put a few dollars down on one and put it on a 3 month layaway and pay it off slowly and pick it up before Christmas. I don't want to overload myself LOL and need time to concentrate on the ex dragoon and Tikka I picked up but would love to have a VKT in my collection. Boy ill need a safe just for my MNs soon.

And BTW I'm still drooling over you Finn captured m91 dragoon that rifle is just sweet! Thanks for the info :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

A great rifle at a great price :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Use the lemon oil on all of the stocks if you want. I wipe mine down after every range session or when i do a clean and check if they don't get out much. Have fun with it, it will probly shoot excellant. Did you find out the tang date yet? :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
redspoon

Post by redspoon »

IMG_1347.JPG
Hey rollndice you scored a great deal/steal :thumbsup: Love them M91's. I'am guessing the tang date will be a 1895 Sestroryetsk.
Des talked earlier about the scrubbed eagle on the receiver.
Here's a pic of my 42 tikka M91's receiver that shows the eagle that escaped the finn scrubbers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Very nice barrel markings redspoon!
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

desdem12 wrote:Use the lemon oil on all of the stocks if you want. I wipe mine down after every range session or when i do a clean and check if they don't get out much. Have fun with it, it will probly shoot excellant. Did you find out the tang date yet? :vcool: :vcool:
Going to check it at 4 when I get home from work. I purchased an SA stamped sling because I like having sling but it has dog collars so guessing it won't fit swivels? Anywhere I can get a Finnish M91 sling?
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

This is sling I sling SAgot
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

A finnish sling for the hangers will have a buckle and a button and that is it. If the one you purchased has that then take off the collars and un thread the sling through the buckle and then thread through the bottom hanger thru the buckle again and then thru the top hanger and button together. If it is not one of those then there are slings at surplus suzie or gunsnammo or GB, maybe even Liberty tree. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

It will temporarily work till you get the right one. Look for a green or brown leather strap sling. Could be marked or not.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I think these types will work. Not sure though, i haven't tried it but the are the same mostly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

desdem12 wrote:A finnish sling for the hangers will have a buckle and a button and that is it. If the one you purchased has that then take off the collars and un thread the sling through the buckle and then thread through the bottom hanger thru the buckle again and then thru the top hanger and button together. If it is not one of those then there are slings at surplus suzie or gunsnammo or GB, maybe even Liberty tree. :D
I can most definitely make the one in getting work but if you have any links to a m91 sling I'd be interested in them my friend. 2 hours and I'm outta here I can't wait to get home but its crap how humid it got. I'm going to make a close up video when I get home and its cleaned and also a good range video. Should have no problem getting to range weather permitting but ill at least get one video posted. I usually like being at work I build military helicopters the Boeing CH47 Chinook but I'm ready to get home to that Tikka
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

The only link i would have is gunsnammo.com They have M39 slings and you would have to ask more knowledgeable guys if they are correct but i am sure that the finns used what ever they had. I have an old russian leather sling on a peter Tula that i know is a M91 sling and that is the only m91 sling i have. :D
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

A 91/30 sling works fine. Unscrew the finn hangers and run them through. The slots are the same distance apart on the m91 as the 91/30.
timlin33

Post by timlin33 »

Very nice! Hope you didn't find that at the Philadelphia gun show or I'm gonna have to kick myself for not looking closer......... :big shock:
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

timlin33 wrote:Very nice! Hope you didn't find that at the Philadelphia gun show or I'm gonna have to kick myself for not looking closer......... :big shock:
Yes sir I did LOL at the greater Philadelphia expo center on Sunday around 3 pm an hour before close. Were you there? It was in hall b in the way back corner were most people seemed to not venture.
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

bunkysdad wrote:A 91/30 sling works fine. Unscrew the finn hangers and run them through. The slots are the same distance apart on the m91 as the 91/30.
Ok so the SA sling with the dog collars I bought will work but I have to loose the swivel hangers and put dog collar through stock as normal right? That'll work for now thanks but ill have to get a proper one I like the swivels on the gin lol damn I just want it all don't I.
rollndice83

Post by rollndice83 »

Alralrighty fellas ill be home in 15 minutes and ill post tang info and get her cleaned up and the close up HD video done and post it. Then to the range around 630 :thumbsup: