Mosin Crates

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jeremyb

Re: Mosin Crates

Post by jeremyb »

Kyredneck wrote:I live 10 minutes from Buds Gunshop and they have them pretty reguarly for $35.00,, really wasn't too interested in one until now after reading these post,, think I go tomorrow and pick up a couple.
Cool.
TheZombieKilla

Post by TheZombieKilla »

almost bought one at a gun show today just didn't want to carry it to the truck nor do I have enough rifles yet.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Both just terrible reasons not to buy one... :lol: :lol: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
junkmanted

Post by junkmanted »

heres mine ,,
She in storage now because the house is on the market ,, cant wait to get in the new house ! Theres a large basement for toys :D
pictures of 1st row and 2nd
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:Drool1: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I am waiting on two more crates at the local GS, they just have to sell the 40 Mosin refurbs inside them first. No, nothing special about the rifle, at least nothing I don't already have.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

I could use one, my CFG liked the illuminated coffee table display idea .... I would take off the lid and replace with an acrylic plate.

I wonder how much the shipping would be East-West.....probably an arm and a leg!

:idea: I'll call Mitchell's Mausers, I could pick it up myself. :idea:
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

Looks like I'm picking up 3 crates tomorrow.... 2 for me, and one for a friend. I'll post some pics when I get them. :thumbsup:

JB
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good deal, I need to get 35 people to buy a 91/30 so I can get my next two crates, or one guy to buy 35 rifles :lol: :lol: :lol:
Theodore Roosevelt
dou44

Post by dou44 »

you could take 1 crate and cut it in half and make end tables out of it and store ammo in them.
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

jeremyb wrote:Looks like I'm picking up 3 crates tomorrow.... 2 for me, and one for a friend. I'll post some pics when I get them. :thumbsup:

JB
It would be interesting to see the markings on the crate. I look forward to your pix!
Vintage Paul

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
junkmanted

Post by junkmanted »

I found a carbine crate !! I gave it away because I couldnt afford to fill it . :very mad:

Keepshooting had some , I had to pay for a crate and had them ship me the insides
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice to know, I could have used that crate, I have carbines to fill a crate but no crate for carbines.
Theodore Roosevelt