Is the wait always this bad? Wait OVER! (updated)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Is the wait always this bad?

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's amazing how the entire UPS, FedEx, or USPS system can slow down the moment your firearm enters the system :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Thib

Post by Thib »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:It's amazing how the entire UPS, FedEx, or USPS system can slow down the moment your firearm enters the system :)
Of course you just made me look at the tracking page again to make sure... Out for delivery! Now, to get creative with my work schedule to get that adult signature so I don't have to wait another day!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Now the worry about the truck breaking down, or having an accident starts.....:)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Hombre wrote:Welcome aboard Thib. It is nice to see that USAF logo. Not many members here have indicated that they are Air Force associated.

Clint
USAF 1955-1959 AFSC 43151C
How's this Clint?
USAF 1965-1969 AFSC 25231 Weather
Bill :thumbsup:
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

zeebill wrote:.....How's this Clint?

USAF 1965-1969 AFSC 25231 Weather
Bill :thumbsup:
That is great Bill :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Maybe there are closet USAF members all over the place. :idea: :)

Are you signed up at AFTWS?
"I spent most of my money on beer and women. The rest I just wasted."
Thib

Post by Thib »

And... we missed the Brown truck. :bang:

Sister in law was here all day with my daughter, decided to run out for 20 mins to grab lunch. Murphy's law... yellow tag.

Got it covered tomorrow.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Never fails :)
Theodore Roosevelt
popgun

Post by popgun »

HAY THIB! you now need the truth. all of them sleep with there mosins after they get them(and still do) the wait is the fun(the later is more true) popgun :pointup: :pointup: :popgun: :popgun: :popgun: :pop: :ani-pop: :ani-pop: :chuckles:
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

....and the perfume of cosmoline and No 9 oil slowly crawing up from under the bed, entering your nostrils, making them flap, flap until you cannot bear it anymore, you situp and...open the box....
and there she is......ALL YOURS!

Just keep on drooling, tomorrow is another day to get happier than today. Don't be sad.....:lol: :lol: :lol:
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Hombre wrote:Welcome aboard Thib. It is nice to see that USAF logo. Not many members here have indicated that they are Air Force associated.

Clint
USAF 1955-1959 AFSC 43151C
redhorse.jpg
:pointup: I was :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Neat jumperwire. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like your Civil Engineering Squadron took the "keep em flying" motto very seriously. :lol:
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

desertgunner wrote::big shock: my last one for today:
Thib, your's will be in your hot, sweatty hands tomorrow to hold for good.....
I have a 32 Ishevsk Hex sweatting in quarantine (CA law required) not far away, calling out for her owner alone in the night....
to wait for another 9 days...

That's heart-breaking for me.....
:big shock: :angry4: :big shock: :angry4: :vsad: :vsad:

Yeah, age makes you go on the sentimental journey....more often
That has got to be enough to drive someone nuts. I've visited California and it's got some great places to see and visit but damn if you don't have to put up with some crazy laws and some real wack job politicos
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

popgun

Post by popgun »

cme!! how about the USN!!!!! 22YRS. MY BEST BUD IS USAF!! come on say somthing about us old swabs.. popgun :pointup: :pointup: :pointup: :pointup: :popgun: :popgun: :popgun: :ani-pop: :ani-pop: :pop:
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Thib wrote:And... we missed the Brown truck. :bang:

Sister in law was here all day with my daughter, decided to run out for 20 mins to grab lunch. Murphy's law... yellow tag.

Got it covered tomorrow.
I was going to mention that mode of failure but didn't because I was afraid it might jinx your delivery. Guess I should have mentioned it. :idea:
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Hombre wrote:Neat jumperwire. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like your Civil Engineering Squadron took the "keep em flying" motto very seriously. :lol:
They always had a motto, "it don't rain on the Horse" Ironically, we had an exercise and our commander got hit. He was down and the Inspectors asked me, "Airman, what do you do now?" I told them, "where I come from, when a horse is down, we put him out of his misery." :chuckles: :chuckles: That wasn't the right answer. :lol: :lol:
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Thib wrote:And... we missed the Brown truck. :bang:

Got it covered tomorrow.
Hey It could be worse, you could be expecting a UPS and a Fed Ex and miss both. :beek: or hit a tri-fecta Miss UPS, USPS and Fed Ex all in the same day. :big shock: YOICKS!
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Jumperwire wrote:

They always had a motto, "it don't rain on the Horse" Ironically, we had an exercise and our commander got hit. He was down and the Inspectors asked me, "Airman, what do you do now?" I told them, "where I come from, when a horse is down, we put him out of his misery." :chuckles: :chuckles: That wasn't the right answer. :lol: :lol:
Those inspectors were not known for their sense of humor. :lol: I guess since your squadron motto is "Always Lead" he expected you to say that you would take command. :idea: :?:

I had looked up your squadron and figured you guys were very instrumental in following the AF general motto, and your Red Horse looks like he is taking off with full afterburner going. :)
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

Ironnewt,
you are so right...they (?) call California the State of the Fruits and Nuts.

Have my sincere promise: I might be a nut, but certainly not a fruit, :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
.....those are reserved for our Senators and House Representatives, so that they can thrive on fruity and frutier on gun ban issues they have no basic clue on in the first place.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: pirated in education and heavily paid..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: no, I cannot go there, sorry! I degress :lol:

But, yeah, it is a nuisance , I would just have to move to Arizona, 90m away, to be in a breating mode again. Freedomwise.

Never mind, my new one is in quarantine, in case I might be a felon.....and she certainly does not deserve that. ......, but I have not been a felon the last 8 checks.....
Which by no means SAYS I accept ALL this DEM S..t I am faced with every day. The sign with the rolled up rattler in my and our neighbor's yards tells the story well enough to be understoood for the "Fruits".

I rest my case, 20-12-2012 is coming......OR NOT , we are prepared....
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Hombre wrote:
Jumperwire wrote:

Those inspectors were not known for their sense of humor. :lol: I guess since your squadron motto is "Always Lead" he expected you to say that you would take command. :idea: :?:

I had looked up your squadron and figured you guys were very instrumental in following the AF general motto, and your Red Horse looks like he is taking off with full afterburner going. :)
No they didn't have a sense of humor. That was my first assignment. Osan, Korea. We worked hard, but I enjoyed every bit it. That unit is now in Guam. Some how, I can't imagine it's quite the same. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Thib

Post by Thib »

The wait is over!

After fighting with the box for a bit, then again fighting with the strange black bubble wrap... it hit me! That heavenly essence filled my senses, abruptly interrupted by "Jesus, I better not light a match! We'd all go up in flames" from the kitchen. I guess I should have unpacked in Man-town instead of the dining room table... my bad!

What I ended up with is a 1932 Izhevsk Hex with what appears to be matching numbers all around. (I see no evidence of grinding or strike outs, but I am just a mere rookie. I will wait until I can get more pics up)

This picture is only a tease, the best I could do with my Droid, apparently the wife busted the digital. I couldn't get good close-ups with the phone. I will grab another camera tomorrow and snap some good ones.

I have washed my hands nine times and I can still smell the cosmoline #9! "thumbsup01:

Thib