91/30 1938

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
popgun

91/30 1938

Post by popgun »

:ani-pop: :ani-pop: i seen bostonmikes post on the show case. i also have a 91/30 tule 1938. his seems to be alot different than mine. the one i have has a laminated stock and know screws in the sling slots. all ser# on mine mach 41--. also this one has a lot more markings on it that his don,t. anyone know about the differents? i am workng on pics. to send. it is both seem diff. popgun :popgun: :popgun:
desdem12

Re: 91/30 1938

Post by desdem12 »

I don't think i have seen a laminate with screwed escucheons. I believe they are all pressed. I think boston Mikes is not a laminate though. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
popgun

Post by popgun »

come on guys. i just seen boston =mike on the forum after i sent my post. give help!! one way or the other i am now going to get pics.. popgun :popgun: :popgun: :pop: :pointup: :pointup:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

desdem12 wrote:I don't think i have seen a laminate with screwed escucheons. I believe they are all pressed. I think boston Mikes is not a laminate though. :D
No, It's not a laminate. But who cares??? It looks great. :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

popgun wrote:come on guys. i just seen boston =mike on the forum after i sent my post. give help!! one way or the other i am now going to get pics.. popgun :popgun: :popgun: :pop: :pointup: :pointup:

Go get some pics of her popgun! I want to see this one. :biggrin: :ani-pop: :ani-pop: :ani-pop: :ani-pop:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
BostonMike

Post by BostonMike »

It's a refurb isn't it? Pretty much all refurbs are put together as an assembly line process. Your rifle might be made from parts from originally 10 or more rifles, and them restampes with matching serials. The stock could be a replacement.

My stock is more than likely not original to the rifle. I just got lucky and that's the one mine came with.

I have a '36 laminate and '26 hardwood as well

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
popgun

Post by popgun »

:ani-pop: :ani-pop: :pointup: :pointup: THANK YOU BOSTONMIKE you answered what i wanted to know! it was that yours was so diff. from mine i just wanted to know.. i still will try to take pics. and thanks agian. popgun :popgun: :popgun:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Look forward to the pics Pop :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
popgun

Post by popgun »

:popgun: :popgun: :popgun: just got done . yelling at the cambra. wife put me in the outhouse again. i am working on the pics. bostonmike i am sure it is a refurnisaed rifle but i really do not know. i will absolueely get the info off this rifle and get it on the forum.. popgun :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Stuck in the outhouse in high summer with bees buzzin around down in the honey pit and nothing but the Montgomery wards catalog to read. Must be fun :)
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
popgun

Post by popgun »

JYD I STILL got the camera and info on how to work it but only a matches to see by!! oh well!! popgun :angry4: :angry4: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Be careful there's no methane built up down in the pit before you light that match :)
Theodore Roosevelt
popgun

Post by popgun »

DARN THAT smell!! must be a mosin. got to lite a matchto see oh oh! popgun :big shock: :big shock: :big shock: :pointdown: :pointdown: :popgun: :popgun:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Look mommy, is that a shooting star over the moon? No dear, that's just Popgun riding a flaming shithouse to the rings of Saturn :)
Theodore Roosevelt
popgun

Post by popgun »

jydi tryed to send a pm to you but i do not think it was sent. can find the send tab or what ever it is to send... sorry i in flight!! popgun :popgun: :pop: :pop: i did try to send.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I don't see any PM Pop's, did you maybe send it to my email? I forget to check that, no checked it, no mail. I will send you a PM, and you just hit "reply" and then submit.
Theodore Roosevelt
popgun

Post by popgun »

iam working on the pics. bostonmike it would be good for us to compaire as soon as i get the pics. looking foreward to it. popgun :popgun: :popgun: :pointup: :pointup: :pointup: for got to say outhouse just SPLASHED down in jyd's back yards!! :chuckles: :chuckles:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Looks right at home with all the other junk back there :)
Theodore Roosevelt