Yugoslavian Mauser Model 48

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
etprescottazusa91

Yugoslavian Mauser Model 48

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

IMG_0473.JPG
Some threads on model 48's lately, here is an example of an unissued Model 48 Mauser. Stock is elm, some call this teak though all the research I have done indicates the Yugoslavians did not use teak on these rifles, It's elm and on the heavy side. I believe in shooting everything I own though this one I have not cleaned the cosmoline off and fired, I'll keep shooting my beater 98K. This is the companion rifle to my unissued model 48A Pic heavy the camera does not completely capture this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by etprescottazusa91 on Fri May 25, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
OLD OUTLAW

Re: Yugoslavian Mauser Model 48

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Thank You! That is the exact rifle my old Military Dealer has/had for $250. Less for me. Not quite that kind of pristine condition, but close.
I'll be down there June 2, so I will look closer if still there. Don't really want an 8MM ,but who knows what I am going to do.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I remember this one ET :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool: What a prize it is. Love it.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

That is a nice looking gun. Love the stock. How does it shoot?
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Boy that's a clean one alright. Very nice, ET.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
TrainWreck

Post by TrainWreck »

I like the look of it. Can you say where you got it from? :?:
One lawyer with a pen can steal more than 100 soldiers with guns. -- Adolf Hitler
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

IMG_0466.JPG
desdem12 wrote:I remember this one ET :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool: What a prize it is. Love it.
Thanks desdem though you may be thinking of this one posted up sometime back, it's the 48A the companion rifle to the 48 in this thread. Fred, though I believe in shooting everything I own this is one rifle that remains unfired. I have not been able to bring myself to remove all the cosmoline out of the bolt and action, this is one that may never have been fired from what I'm told. It's not the value so much as I just have not had the heart to clean either of these Yugo's up, they are not battle rifles so I have not been compelled to get em hot. I'll keep shooting the beater K98 for the time being. Trainwreck, came off the managers desk at J@G about 12 years ago, it was a decent buy. I'll admit I got lucky, I don't think I'll ever have the opportunity to add any additional rifles like this to the collection again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :Drool1: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Celt

Post by Celt »

................................speechle :thumbsup: ss
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Dang, a matching set even (more or less).
Great pair.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt