Excellent condition or hand picked and In Stock ?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
BubbaDX

Re: Excellent condition or hand picked and In Stock ?

Post by BubbaDX »

J&G has then in stock with the hand select option. They are $99.95 right now. I don't see a rating on them though.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

When I wanted a specific year, or marking I always went to gunbroker, luck of the draw from Aim only went so far when I wanted DDR marked rifles, or MO's and such.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:When I wanted a specific year, or marking I always went to gunbroker, luck of the draw from Aim only went so far when I wanted DDR marked rifles, or MO's and such.
Exactly. Personally, I would be going after M39's, M44's & M38's & waiting on the 91/30. Never focus on buying an item that just had a price hike with limited availability. Wait till the next surge & sale comes along. So for now focus on the other ones as they represent a bargain in comparison.

SOG has M39's for $229.95, M44's for $179 & T53's are $94 if you buy 3 or more. I have seen some decent deals on GunBroker from time to time... Put in some time hunting there & it should pay off.

For the 91/30.... Start with Liberty Tree Collectors & Copes & actually call & talk to someone to let them know what your looking for. If they feel your serious on finding a certain example & you plan to buy in multiples, places will usually take the extra time to help you out.

Good luck!
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

BrokeDad wrote:Thanks for the advice all :thumbsup: . I have a very nice (if the most common) 91/30 already I got from Buds. I want another but don't want to do the 'luck of the draw' thing again. I won once.
I really do want a M44 so I will go look over at SOG. We have a roaming gun show Dec 28-30th and the big one at our Coliseum on Jan 4-6th but I'm getting impatient.
Collecting Milsurps is a patient man's game. Ask anyone how long it took me to acquire a 47' date M44 or a 53' Romanian. :wink:

Just visualize cool milsurps coming your way & don't force it. Things tend to pop up when you least expect it to.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Took me 25 long years to find the "right" GEW98 Mauser, even longer for the 1874 Gras, and the Snider MKIII, some I wait for still.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I have been waiting for some to hit me in the head too. A couple of Frenchies and other stuff. Hunting is part of the fun and then when you find it, it makes it that much sweeter if it was a bargain and hard to find. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I actually like ordering online and the excitement of not really knowing exactly what I am getting. I know it will be a good deal and just might be a real gem. But my collection is small enough that odds are I am getting something I don't already have.
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I am debating buying an M44 and a T53 from SOG right now. For under $300 for the pair it is VERY tempting.
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

If you have your FFL 03 C&R license SOG has 91/30s for $94.94 right now. I think that's their regular price. Shipping on one rifle is $16 but if you order a 2nd rifle (53s are only $99 right now) you only pay $3 or $4 more for shipping ($19 or $20 total for both rifles). Let us know what you get and post some pictures please. :thumbsup:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

My only complaint with SOG is the 3% surcharge on debit/credit cards, which is why try and order from AIM first. Next time I order from SOG I'm just going to mail in an order with a check. I'm cheap enough that I'm willing to wait a few extra days to save 3%. Though I must not be that cheap because even though they are one and a half hours away I'd drive there if I thought they would really let me take the time to browse.
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

walnut red wrote:My only complaint with SOG is the 3% surcharge on debit/credit cards, which is why try and order from AIM first. Next time I order from SOG I'm just going to mail in an order with a check. I'm cheap enough that I'm willing to wait a few extra days to save 3%. Though I must not be that cheap because even though they are one and a half hours away I'd drive there if I thought they would really let me take the time to browse.
I hear you there. We used to live up near Watertown, NY, and even though it's 2 1/2 hours away from where we live now, I have taken trips back to visit (but really to go to the Herb Philipsons up there and browse their selection to see if there is a hidden gem).
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I live 30 minutes from AIM and SOG. Neither one will let you browse. You have to realize that both are wholesale wharehouses and not retail outlets. I know the owner of SOG and even that doesn't help.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
rideandslidejim

Post by rideandslidejim »

I bought my 91/30 from Buds on 11/12, at that time they had very good and excellent, i paid $10 extra for the excellent , $120. with free ship.( and was in my opinion ), they no longer list it anymore .Buds also charges a little more for CC use.

Did i read correctly and SOG has M44 Carbines ???????

Jim
Member of the Lousy Spellers Of America Asso.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

They have had them for a while and last time i checked still in stock. I believe $179. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ron has posted several times that SOG still has M44 carbines.
Theodore Roosevelt
rideandslidejim

Tried SOG website, but will only show to FFL or C & R holders ( sent in my app. for a C & R ). So i guess they won't sell to me. ???? So far have only bought from Buds and they automaticly ships to my dealer for transfer ( until i get my C & R )

Jim :vsad: :vsad: :vsad:
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Your dealer might be able to see. Have him order one for you. :thumbsup:
rideandslidejim

BrokeDad How long from when u sent in the app.

jim
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

rideandslidejim wrote:Tried SOG website, but will only show to FFL or C & R holders ( sent in my app. for a C & R ). So i guess they won't sell to me. ???? So far have only bought from Buds and they automaticly ships to my dealer for transfer ( until i get my C & R )

Jim :vsad: :vsad: :vsad:
I don't know if this is typical or not but I got my C&R three weeks to the day from when I sent the application in. Hang in there BrokeDad.
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

BrokeDad wrote:I've had my license for over 20 years ... I just keep renewing it. It's a FFL3 .. not a 03. I have no idea what the current waiting period is. I just choose to not do transfers or sales.
All sites require paperwork on file to send direct. They need time to authorize and verify it which is a good thing. Don't confuse an old man !!

Maybe it's why I seem to have longer waits for verification as it's about the license type.
Sorry to confuse you. It took me about a week after I faxed in my FFL3 to them and then I had access to their site. I might have just been a dunder head though. Took me a while to figure out I had to click on surplus rifles to start veiwig what they offer lol.